Friday, June 17, 2011

Rules for Going to Dallas

1. When people ask where we cone from, don't be specific. Say "New York," as if you meant, "New York City."
2. If they ask where specifically in New York, say, "Oh, near Cornell, you know, that Ivy League school." Do not say Ithaca. They will not recognIze the name "Ithaca," and we want to make friends.
3. Do not socialize with people who look like they are republican/annoying/ridiculous. Since everyone will be wearing the same clothing, this pretty much means Texans and people from Florida.
4. Don't be biased towards people just because of their state. Duh.
5. DO socialize with people from Germany and California. These people will be awesome to talk to, of only for a little while.
6. Teach Aaron and Jessie how to play Texas Hold 'Em, Rumy 500, Gin, and 5 Card Draw. But not Blackjack. Blackjack sucks.
7. Use above as an excuse to not swim. I don't like swimming.
8. Go everywhere with Sophie and Jessie. Make JESSIE tell stories.
9. Have so much fun you want to die.
10. Get lost in the hotel, daily. But don't be late. Ever.


This is going to be so cool.


Acronym of the day:
SNAFU.
Situation normal's all f**ked up.
I don't know either. My mom used it in an email to Mr. Buchner. I had to look it up on Urban Dictionary. I wonder if that's what she meant. Maybe it means something else.

5 comments:

  1. I prefer AHBL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many people I've met who have never heard of Cornell. It's slightly alarming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very alarming. I want to go to Cornell when I'm older, plus I get tuition off because my mom works there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea what Cornell was until I moved here. I think I've heard of, like, Harvard and Yale, though.

    Oh Anna, I'll bring that book for you tomorrow! Right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blackjack is awesome, Livvy! You have no taste in card games.

    ReplyDelete