Thursday, April 22, 2010

The 12 Dancing Princesses

Okayyyyyy, now as everyone knows I have this obsession with paint.
Also, as not as many of you know, Sophia and I (her blog is on my blogroll) are writing a play. The 12 Dancing Princesses. I decided to combine these two things, and here is what I got!!!!!!! Everyone needs to know what the characters look like, right? The problem is, I got more focused on the dress than the character itself. So, it's not as much of a character study as designing clothes on paint (harder than it looks. Wayyy harder than it looks.)


Going from oldest to youngest:

Juliette~22, a bit selfish, calm, cool, and collected, stunningly beautiful

[Insert Juliette here]

She is the oldest, and one of the main characters, so I haven't drawn her yet, I'm too scared.

Isabelle~21, singer, performer, confident


That would be Isabelle, the singer and performer.
She has twins!!!!!
Observe,
Liana~21, bookish, quiet, reserved

Ugly, is she not? (Sorry, she didn't mean to turn out that way. I think it's the hair)
AND, her other sister:
Annalise~21, dreamer, hopeless romantic

Hmmm... are the gold shoes too much?


Okay, this next one doesn't have a twin (I kinda feel bad for her, she is all alone):
Jessamine~20, skeptical, sharp, sensible

Don't you love her dress? What about her hair? ITS RED! Cough, cough. RED IS BEAUTIFUL!

And another loner (BUT WITH A TOTALY AMMAAAAZZZINNNG DRESS):
Lorelei~19, artistic, spontaneous, musical


And if you don't like her dress, just look at her hair! Braids are really hard to draw on paint! I love them so much.

Another loner, who probably thinks shes the oldest and it keeps her happy (but yea, no, shes just really bossy most of the time)
Eloise~18, industrious, serious, less-is-more doctrine

Look at that business dress! I like that line on the hip-ish, and the neck is pretty cool.

This girl is sooo un-princessy.
Remy~17, tomboyish, adventurous, athletic

Yeah, that's a corset and bloomers. Got a problem?

And the dreaded... i mean... sweet... 16's
Cassandra~16, flirty, girly, giggly
Cressida~16, flirty, girly, animated

Neither of them are done, I need to change their faces and maybe their dress. I haven't decided if they are scandalous enough to have dresses that short. They are REALLY SHORT. And kind of ugly. Especially considered the time period. Whatever. I also need to change the hair. (I will probably start these girls all over, but this is the general idea: bright, fun, blond.)

This girl is crazy shy (why isn't there more like her? If I grew up with 11 other crazy sisters I would be so messed up.
Felicity~15, shy, timid, insecure, tentative

I think she looks really young. I don't know if that's good or bad.

And the last girl.
Cecilia~14, sweet, clever, clumsy
[Insert Cecilia here]
She is the actual main character- I'm REALLY scared of drawing here. I have no idea what she looks like. Even less than Juliette (who I kinda know) Hopefully she is pretty! She is the one who gets married (haha, did I spoil it for you?)




AND THAT is what I've been spending allll of my free time on!!!!! Enjoy basking in the awesomeness of Paint.

11 comments:

  1. ooh. is that like this one? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Dancing_Princesses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we're hijacking it. ^^ Major plot twists. And obscure Harry Potter references. How can you not love it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A obsure harry potter reference. Singular. Haha. But soon to be more obscure references. But not too obscure RIGHT sophia? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ISABELLE! and i think felicity is pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone likes felicity! You do realize that she is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it because she has red hair and a cool polkadot dress? Its because of the hair, isnt it. SAY YES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rly love them all... they all have soo much personality... don't change them one bit!! they're all amazing!! rly.. even the lighter and darker spots on dresses and details are so carefully made. ur gonna be famous, liv ;)

    ReplyDelete