Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's Not About the Staring

I want to wear the things nobody wears.
I want to go to thrift stores and vintage clothing shops and buy a silk shirt tie-dyed rainbow.
I would wear it to school.
People would stare and people would compliment me and people would turn away, stifling laughter.
No worries, I would think, no worries.

I want to do the things nobody does.
I want to run down hallways screaming the name to an imaginary person, I want to sing in a fake voice at the top of my lungs.
I would soar above everyone with wings made of strength, made of bravery, made of the bravery to be strong.
People would stare and people would appreciate it and people would turn away, stifling laughter.
No worries, I would think, no worries.

I want to think the way nobody thinks.
I want to make connections, I want to invent connections, I want to be the connection between ideas. I want to know what's happening and not in a passing glance sort of way.
I want to think up crazy things
and absurd things
and ridiculous things and
amazing things.
I would see things in a different light, and see the world from a different place.
People would stare and people would enjoy it and people would turn away, stifling jealously.
No worries, I would think, no worries.

This isn't for you, I would think, no worries.

1 comment:

  1. That"s awesome! This post is outrageous and amazing . You kick ass!!

    ReplyDelete