Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Livvy's Just Dying Again, Because of a Book.

Haha, what else would I be dying from, illness? Silly, that only happens in books!

Oooooh my god oh my freaking god ahhhhhhhhh I take back everything I said about not finding books oh god I'm addicted this is worse than Twilight it's so suspenseful fantastic amazing sexy interesting aahhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm going to try and talk about this in a calm virtualvoice but remember that all I really want to be saying is ahhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh neeeeeddddd thhhiirrrrdd onnnneeee nowwwwwwww oh my godddd so yeah. I'm putting of even looking for the title to make sure everyone understands how dead I am right now. SO GOOD. 
Called Hush , Hush, by Bella Fitzpatrik. Paranormal Romance, shut up. The first one was amazing. The second one is killing me, now. The ending is killing me, it's like, the worst cliff hanger you've ever heard of. Okay. Calm down. 
Background information: I heard about this book at that Feminisr-Science Fiction convention I went to, and it was used as an example of young girl lusting over, like, I think it's called play-rape? I forget. When, like, threatening and being strong and violent is seen as sexy? ANNYYYWAYYY it wasn't bad, though. In my opinion. They were gorgeous. Pretty much what I've been looking for. I guess I saw the patheticness of our main character Nora a few times, but she wasn't overwhelmingly antifeminist. And Patch, you know, the guy, was like, the ultimate mystery. And every second of the book you kind of hate him but also kindasortareallyreallyreally hope that everyone was wrong and it wasn't him because SIGH. 

I read the first one Sunday night. You know how yesterday, I wad like, dying, and bought caffeine, and almost fell asleep in Social Studies? That was because the thing I was doing until 2 in the morning was reading Hush, Hush. Oh my iPod. I've discovered free books, by the way. The Internet rocks. It's like our ESRTs. Whenever you think it can't possibly get any better you run across something amazing like a earthquake graph OR FREE BOOKS. anyway. I'll talk about that later, actually, because I know that this discovery will change my life. Greatly. For the better.

Back to Bella f. Hush Hush starts out a little cliche (when I say cliche I mean Twilight) with the girl in biology sitting next to the kid who is all supermegafoxyawesomehot but it's the other way around, she hates him and he's flirting with her a lot. 
And someone is stalking her and it appears to be him but who knows because the book is SO FREAKING SUSPENSEFUL and that's why I needed to finish it, no questions asked. 

The second one, which I was just waiting for the ending the whole time (which of course needed to be exactly how I wanted it because something bad happened in the beginning and I'm not telling you what because you all have to read it now) was also freaking dramatic and crap and the ending wasn't exactly right but it was still amazing and god I need to find the next one now I don't know what I'm doing writing this. 

I feel a little addicted. My iPod died in the middle of the second one and I was like shaking and tapping my foot and fidgeting until it responded to the plug in and started up IT TAKES FOREVER and opened the page and I started reading. 

Guys, it's very good. Trust me. The reason I didn't say anything in school about it was because it wasn't so good then. The sequel made it good. 

Well, I don't know. Maybe it wasn't the best book, you know? But it was exactly what I was looking for. I fell into that book. I needed to finish it. I forgot about whatever else. I forgot that I was on a freaking iPod and the text I was looking at had all these random breaks and spaces because of whatever those wonderful people used to get it on to the magical Internet. It was a pretty good book. 

More exciting than Twilight. More romantically satisfying. Kind of reminded me of City of Glass, or whichever's the last one, because of the whole confusion over who is good and bad and related to you and in love and sexy and an angel or a half angel or whatever. I liked City of Glass because of those things.

This is also the sort of book, like City of Glass, where you are just screaming at the characters the whole time. That is a good plot, by the way, if it makes you do that. It was just like NOOOO NORRAAAA STUUIPIIDDDD IDIOOOTTTT I LOVE PATCH GO BACK AND FIND HIM SO I CAN DIE HAPPILY I'm kidding, that was an exaggeration. But the book is definitely suspenseful. And it killed me. 
And whenever something killed me, it's worth looking into reading/viewing. For example, Boy A. Twilight. THE BOOK THIEF. I think that's my strongest example. Starkid. Have I ever let you down before? NO. I HAVEN'T. So if you're a girl and are reading this now, you need to go out and read Hush, Hush, by Bella Fitzpatrick. Then the sequel, Crescendo. Then report back to me before starting the third one, and if you haven't had a mental death of suspense you can just stop being my friend, whatever. Kidding. But you should try. 

Now I'm going to look up the third one. Oh dear god I hope it's out I might have to kill someone if this seriously is how I have to survive. I'm being melodramatic. But I hate it when I have to wait for a book to come out; I always loose interest. I CAN'T FORGET ABOUT THIS BOOK DON'T LET ME, DEAL? I'm going to look it up now. Don't worry, I won't read it tonight if I find it. I'm still tired from.... Ah, god, it's yesterday by now. After midnight. I will go to sleep within ten minutes of now, I promise! Read the book! Sorry for typos, remember, ipod, speed is everything. I'll post the links later, for the online books. I think I still have them. I better. Good night.

Edit: Her name's actually Becca, not Bella. Oops.
Also, the third one is called The Tempest, bad title, and I'm going to wait until morning to see if it's out yet and who I should kill if it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment