Monday, January 3, 2011

I made something PEOPLE SIZED with my sewing machine

I made a skirt. And it's so depressing that I didn't have enough fabric and it was too short and has to be my sisters. So so depressing because actually, she doesn't really wear skirts. And so she won't even appreciate it properly. God. And plus, I actually need more skirts I don't have enough.
 See that awesome elastic scrunch thing? I learned how to do that by staring at an Urban Outfitter's skirt for a few minutes. I then said, "Wow, that doesn't look to hard," followed by, "I can cut that elastic out of my broken pajama bottoms!" And I did.

Had to make a label, you know how it is. It says "Livvy." In cursive. On a sewing machine. The second "v" is so messed up... whatever.

 I'm especially happy with how this seam turned out. What seam, you ask? Exactly. Haha.

It's the triangle patterned one, bordered on red on either side in the center of the screen. A little purple sticking out on our right.
 That one.

However, this one isn't that cool. It's kinda messy. Well, that's what the back is for, right?





I was so happy that I made something people sized instead of just American Girl Doll sized. And this kind of skirt is insanely easy too. Just the ironing so the pleats get kinda even at the bottom was annoying. Pleating is annoying, people. It takes all this pins and crap. Ugh. Good thing I have a new magnetic pin holder instead of just a... plastic bowl! And of course, my new TOMATO one from Lucynda!!!
And, in answer to whatever questions you had- no, I didn't do anything other than this all break. Well, sinse this didn't take that long, I managed to do largely nothing all break. Other than read. Ahhhhhhhh....... books. I read the Hunger Games! YUS! And I'm on the last one of the HHGTTG (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) that Douglas Adams wrote, anyway, before he died. Such a shame. Can't wait to read Eion Colfer's ending, though.
Books for you to read (here, I'll help you out with this.)
1. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (all of them. this is a series that will greatly improve your life. Honestly. Everything looks better to me now. Everything makes more sense in a less-sense kind of way)
2. The Hunger Games series
3. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.

All of the above are available for borrowing, speak to me.



Other than the last two Hunger Games. I only have those electronically, thank you Amazon, thank you Aunt Kimmy, thank you Kindle.


Well, this is a ranting kind of post. Sorry!

3 comments:

  1. Bring me The Sweet Far Thing and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist? By the way, that skirt is awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I just understood your title. I thought it was "I made something people seized with my sewing machine" as in you know, taking things! Like, you know, right? Yeah........... That explanation sounded better in my head. Good job anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha Ally.
    Anna- sorry I was absent. I'll bring you Sweet Far Thing but I've already promised Nick and Norah to like three other people... you can have it after, or if you don't want to wait it's probably at the library.

    ReplyDelete