Monday, June 7, 2010

5-1=4

5-1=4. Good thing, right? But where does that “take away one” go anyway?

I know where it goes. And unlike what math teachers might tell you, all the negatives don’t join up to have a nice little negative party. No, they are all alone.

Until, apparently, the end of the year.

I will sitting alone every other day at lunch. Every other day. Alone.

Sometimes I hate my friends.

No offense. Well kinda offense. Hey, aren’t we friends, you guys??? How about we take turns sitting alone? Rotate out? Or maybe even sit 3 and 2?
Is that too… complicated for you? Oh I’m sorry I don’t really care.


Sure you don’t care, Olivia, you just keep telling yourself that.


Why am I the one cut out?

I HATE THIS. It redefines the cracks. The lines.

The lines suck. And the worst thing is, I know some of these people might normally want to do something about it, but don’t want to be seen doing nice things in front of their “friends/” influence-ers because it’s bad for a girl’s reputation to help someone with glasses. Even if they have been your friend for a few years now. Oh no, it doesn’t matter.


Oh, yeah, sure, I’m still friends with all of you. I still like you and everything. Sure I do.

But I really hate four to a table.


And I REALLY hate the lines.




OKAY so... this is my portfolio piece TWENTY! OOOHHHH. A personal vignette. Like? Dislike? Why? Why not? Changes? Other?

2 comments:

  1. THAT EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME AT LUNCH!!!!!!.....ish. i'll have to tell you about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm commenting on your previous posts :) This happened to me too. But like, I seceded on my own accord. I don't know. I just had to prove to myself that I didn't need other people all the time to feel better.

    ReplyDelete