Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm leaving Today... [spoiler alert for twilight series]

I'm leaving for St. Thomas TODAY and I'm only a little excited. It's gonna be fun, but it's also going to be way more complicated than our amazing Jersey Shore vacations. THEY ARE DA BOMB so you can't say anything about Jersey Shore because that's a TV SHOW and one that I've never seen so obviously it doesn't matter. Anyway, it's gonna be a complicated vacation because we're meeting our first cousins. Yes, meeting. As in, for the first time. And I don't know how we are going to fit them into our big party- see our like, step-first cousins (who we are actually close to)are usually the only ones who come with us other than our commutative grandparents, but now there will be people that I've never MET before. Kinda a scary thought. So yeah, I'm looking forward to it but I expect to do a lot of reading because a)there isn't any girls my age, which hasn't bothered me before but b) I could be getting tired of doing things like building sand pools. You don't know until you depend on it, so I'm bringing a lot of books.

Speaking of books, I've gotten into a really horrid habit. So I don't read a book a day. I read TWO HALVES of a book a day. This means one half from 9 to 12 and the other from 12 to... 4. Ugh. It's horrible. I'm feeling kinda sick now and it's because I'm no longer able to fall asleep without finishing a book (i managed last night, but it was still 2 when I stopped and I didn't fall asleep until 3) and I'm re reading the Twilight series so they are all very long and definitely shouldn't be finished in one night.

So the Twilight series. I wanna know what you think of it. I seem to be the only sane one who just thinks of it as a BOOK. Everyone seems to be either strongly opposed to it or IN LOVE WITH JACOB/EDWARD. Ugh. Ummmm yeah I just think of it as another book. It didn't stand out as something to worship to me. I do like it though. Except for the second one. Okay. So I'll give you my one sentence summary of all of them except the fourth because I'm not done with that yet. I'll give the summary of it so far.

Book 1= Wow, Vampires are really amazing.

Book 2= While it is really depressing that the vampire left, Bell a can always run to her werewolf best friend.

Book 3= Life is good again, but, hmm, is it a problem that Bella is still getting chased by a revenge seeking vampire? No, actually, it's all good, as long as Edward is back.

Book 4= Wow, Bella's really really annoying, I've never noticed it before- I guess it takes looking at it from Jacobs point of view: She got herself pregnant with a thing that's trying to kill her and now no one is on his side anymore because it loves her. It's pretty obviously still gonna kill her, no matter how much it loves her.


Two of those where more than one sentence, but you'll get over it.

AND THIS IS MY amazing review of the New Moon book. SARCASTIC SUMMARYYYYYYYYY's are amazing!

Oh Edward! You're gone! Jacob! Will you be my best friend? Please? Oh! And you're a werewolf? Cool! But not nearly as sexy as Edward. And I'll ignore your devotion to me! I will! You don't have to worry because I'm to depressed to change anything, except now I'm a little suicidal and RISK IS AMAZING. do you hear the voices...

OMG! Edward is in Italy! ROMANTIC DESTINATION, LET'S GO! Wait, what? I didn't kill my self? Oh, HE'S going to kill himself? This is SO romeo and Juliette! I'm not dead, silly! You are! But you'll... end your existence? For me? That's so romantic, ohmigod, but I can't let you sweetie. I need to go save him Jacob, maybe I'll talk to you later, kay? And, ugh, if only I were immortal like Edward! That's totally my most important issue right now.


Oh yeah. Did you like it? Don't let this one book discourage you from reading the series- you can skip a few chapters, it doesn't matter. Ugh I hate that one. It's so sexist. She's in love with him and then he leaves- i mean it's reasonable to still be in love with him but she's just... annoying.... and she's really rude to Jacob toward the end there.

But surprisingly, I was still totally with Edward for that entire one. Even after he broke her heart, I was completely and totally on Team Edward (except not actually, just if I was obsessed I liked him better than Jacob.)

But then I read the third one again, and I SORTA changed my mind. To many forever's and always's it was so annoying. They were both really hurt that they had done that to each other but they couldn't just get over it. Yeah, he ruined their lives for half a year. Don't dwell on it excessively. And Bella wouldn't let the blame fall on anyone else- it was her fault. It was kinda pathetic really- I agree with Edward at the end that the thing that would've hurt the most is how fast she believed that he hated her. No self confidence, this girl.
This is shown in the last one when she is dying to carry this baby that is honestly killing her. Every day, new ribs are broken and whatever. And she doesn't admit to the pain! She's just trying to make everyone else happy. That was kinda when I started thinking Jacob was cooler because of a multitude of reasons.

1. He was a werewolf. Which I'm not as used to as a vampire.
2. I keep picturing that actor who plays Edward in the movie (though I haven't seen the movies, I've seen pictures) and he's so FREAKING UGLY that Jacob must be better.
3. His chapter titles are amazing. For instance,for chapter 17: 17. What Do I Look Like? The Wizard of Oz? You Need a Brain? You Need a Heart? Go Ahead. Take Mine. Take Everything I Have. -That sorta makes me hate Bella a little more. Ugh- just read them to understand.
4. Pack minds are so awesome and the conflict he is going through with being pack leader/not is much more interesting than Bella continuously about to get killed by a vampire and Edward being over protective.
5. He's so NICE. I swear, he never says anything to hurt Bella even when she TOTALLY deserves it.

um I don't think there are anymore. And I of COURSE don't think Bella should go with Jacob NOW because she's married and about to become a bloodsucker but I think it would've worked out a little better. I pity Edward for this whole thing. The rest of the book gets a little less Bella complainy, don't worry, this is only in the first quarter. Once she has the baby and is a vampire (hey, i gave you a spoiler alert. Don't be so surprised that they both survived) things get much more exciting. HAHA I won't tell you what's happening because I'm RE-READING, which for me involves pretending not to know what's gonna happen.
Which gets annoying when I actually DON'T remember what's gonna happen and then it hits me and the whole book is ruined because I'm no longer curious, because I know the ending and I didn't in the beginning. I'm referring to a different book, not Twilight. Just another thing that happens when you read a lot, you forget what you DID read and then get really disappointed when you check something out from the library, start reading, and remember you've read it before and the whole story is ruined for you now. It's better to have a good memory. Always.

This was a long post- I need to add it to my tally that I have going on for my 100 POST CELEBRATION POST! Be prepared, only what, 3 more left!!! Thanks for listening to me moan about Twilight- really, I'm not obsessed with it, I'm just immersed in the story right now. Again, re-reading. You guys should all read it too, if you haven't already. It's actually pretty good, despite everyone thinking it is. (I heard that quote first used with Shakespeare: The remarkable thing about Shakespeare is he actually is pretty good, despite all the people who think so.) Except for the second one, all of them are really really good stories, if Bella is a little too whiny. And as for the problem with the second one, you can just skip a few chapters in the middle. It doesn't matter until the end when they go to Italy. Then it's okay. Just read a few chapters in the beginning, a few in the middle to see how good Jacob is, and then from when she decides to jump off a cliff onward. That's all you need- unless you miss Jacob becoming a werewolf, that's pretty important to. But it's actually interesting so just ignore Bella's reaction to that. Just ignore her the entire book actually. Like i said, skip to the end. Thank you. You'll thank me later. But the rest of the series is amazing! Don't worry! It's actually pretty good! I'm just being sarcastic about all of the other ones because I can't stand it that it's actually good despite many people thinking it is. So read it. I only recommend good books... and I have good recommendations, promise.


EDIT: This post is 1617 words long. This is amazing. Is it? I think it is. Almost 2 thousand words! That's CRAZY! Sorry for how long it is.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally on Team Jacob mostly because well who wants to have kids with a vampire I mean he's a vampire of all things.... who cares if he's a vegetarian at least Jacob doesn't drink peoples blood. And Bella gives a bad image to girls everywhere....so disappointed in her... anyway thanks livvy now I have to do a twilight post on my blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on Team Jacob too. I haven't read the books in forever but I can remember hating Edward and thinking that Jacob was okay.

    ReplyDelete