Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Hunger Games

I like them, now.

Beware, this post isn't going to do them justice because it's 1 at night and I can't really organize my thoughts.

The most important thing I need to get out about The Hunger Games is that you all should read them. It's like Harry Potter on a smaller scale, but still on a scale large enough to matter. You can't just not read them. Sure, they're not the best thing in the world but that's one of those things that we need to get over. Enough people are obsessed.

I would rank these books still below both Twilight and Harry Potter, but they did make me cry a little bit. The last one did. A few times. It's a really good plot.

Ahh, I'm starting to do that doubting thing again, where I stop believing that I liked them. I LIKED THEM! I just finished the third one (second time, I was rereading) and it really made me sad in that book sort of way and now I'm not remembering how I enjoyed them.. I hate how i do that.

I find it really interesting how I did like it this time, because I think I didn't like it the first time. I think it had something to do with the fact htat I liked the wrong person. It's like Twilight, I switched who I liked more the second time. With Twilight, I pretty much go Team Jacob Team Edward every other time I read the series. With the Hunger Games, I guess it's the same way. This time, I loved Peeta. He's pretty much the most perfect person. On the planet. I think last time I didn't like that quality in him. Like, he was fake or something. But this time I read it and saw how nice he was and all that. The first time I liked Gale, and this time I was just annoyed at him the entire time. Like Alex (Kilts) when Rachel kissed Jesse on Glee that one time in the Prom episode, I was disgusted by him. Just like, no. I don't like you. Katniss has no obligation to like you. In fact, she should wake up and love Peeta instead, did you know he loves her to death and it's tragic?

Katniss is kind of stupid, but that's what you get with books like these. Main characters often suck, actually. Harry Potter isn't actually that cool. Bella Swan. Katniss. Um, I don't know who else. But it's true, authors don't develop them as much or something.It's the weirdest thing.

Anyway, I liked it more this time. A lot more. So don't believe me when I tell you it's not the best. Because it's actually really good. But i'm like, refusing to believe it. SO listen to me now, before I forget.

I really wish the ending of the third book was different. Not what happens, but how it happens. It had the potential to be really really powerful and I only cried a little bit. Like, not at all, really. And it was exactly what I wanted to happen so I should have been more touched. I LOVE PEETA. LOVE HIM. What's my list, again? Rudy. Ron Weasley. Peeta. Nick Park, from Girls for Breakfast. Jacob AND Edward. Artemis Fowl. Kent from Before I Fall. Ed, I am the Messenger. Almanzo from Little House on the Prairie. Um. Kind of a lot more.

It's called a fictional character crush, yo, and I'm very good at them. Haha.

But yeah, Hunger Games. Read. Thanks.

Can you tell I'm getting back into my summer phase? Books books books books books staying up as long as it takes to finish them. Then writing about them.

Seriously, reading the books that I've been talking about would be super cool of you. You should so totally go to the library and read them.


JOHN GREEN HAS A NEW BOOK CALLED THE FAULT IN OUR STARS AND I NEED IT NOW. You know from my last post that my YouTube obsession is still going strong, don't worry about that.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment