Friday, July 2, 2010

Day One

Arrival-

I knew I was on my way when I stepped into the airplane bathroom. There's nothing like a good airplane bathroom to make you realize that you are, in fact, flying, suspended in the air. A good, jittery bathroom. The only place, actually, where you can feel us moving. I guess airplanes are fast, I mean, of course they are, but you never feel it move. I totally understand what Bella meant in the end of new moon when shes trying to go to Italy to save Edward as fast as she can and it feels lik the airplane... But I'm not going there. 

Yes, I knew i was in the air, somewhere over the sea, but it still hadn't reall hit me. Going to st. Thomas. God. Wow. 

And then, as I walked off the plane stairs. Whoa. Yeah. Humid. Hot. Humid. Within a few minutes I was sweating, and I hadn't even done anything yet. The humidity was inbearable until it wasn't, once i got a little used to it. Well not used to it, but a little adjusted. And then I realized my feet were... Wet. Odd. Very. Oh, I relized. Condensation. This made me excited. Seriously. The plane was cold, and my flipflops had been on the floor the entire time. Outside it was hot and humid. It was like a glass of water! So Now my flipflops were wet because of the difference in atmosphere. But no matter the science behind it, my feet were wet which was annoying, becuase it's hard to walk in wet shoes. 
In the airport we found our grandparents, and it was nice to see them. They're so tab, which is weird to see on someone not either teenage or skinny. 

Soon we were on our way to sapphire. It was so HOT. Ugh. I already couldn't wait for jersey, next year, where the humidity wasn't unbearable and we weren't forced to be neat or wear only things without stains the way we did here.

But st. Thomas totally has some sort of cool vibe, I thought as we drove (on the left side if the road, even though it was the US vi. I bet it was just to make the tourists mad.) to our right was a little car. There were many cars in st. Thomas, that was not the cool part. On top of this car was a green leather chair held on the roof by a single bungee cord and two hands. One was coming from the drivers side window, and the driver himself was driving with one hand. The other came through the passenger window, and was also resting lightly on the chair. A single hand on each side, just incase it what, started moving to the aide? What about like, keeping the car on the road? I guess I'm making a big deal about it bit seriously, it was really an awesome thing to see.

Arrival (for real this time)-

Sapphire Bay. Ah. The view from our condo was insane. Really it was. Look. Ill get a picture if i find acces to an actual computer and not an iPhone. And the beach was pretty perfect too. It looks just like that picture in one of my earlier posts. Yeah, it does. And the sand is great. It's perfect fir drippy castles. If you don't know what a drippy castle is, you haven't lived. And since I'm in the USVI right now, I don't care of your alive, no offence. I'm not going to bother to explain. Maybe later.

And then we ate chips and then dinner and I finished ANOTHER book (I'll give you all a list of what I've read when o get back) and then we went to bed except I actually didn't because I were this in my multipurpose rainbow peace imagine journal. Love from st. Thomas. XOXO. See ya later. And be impressed that I managed to type all this up on my dads iPhone, which is harder then iPod touch cause I'm not used to it, and it only took me like 45 minutes. Again, XOXO and don't forget me. I'm still alive, out there, somewhere in a tropical island.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, lucky! Hope you're having a great time! When are you coming back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOW!!! YES!!!! I'm in the car in new jersey (Newark) NOW on my way HOME therefore arriving at ELEVEN which would be okay if I didn't have a camp tomorow at NINE that I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR. But I'm HOME almost.

    ReplyDelete