Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dash and Lily, Chapter 14

Fourteen


(Lily)

December 28th

According to Mrs. Basil E., *fanciful* is the adjective for which Snarl--I mean Dash--feels the most longing. Certainly it explained why he'd answered the call of the red notebook at the Strand to begin with and played along, for a while, until he discovered that the real Lily, as opposed to his imagined one, would turn him less *fanciful* and more *dour* (3. gloomy, sullen).


What a waste.

Although, fanciful's origin circa 1627 made me still love the word, even if I'd ruined its applicability to my connection with Snarl. (I mean *DASH!*) Like, I could totally see Mrs. Mary Poppencock returning home to her cobblestone hut with the thatched roof in Thamesburyshire, Jolly Olde England, and saying to her husband, "Good sir Bruce, would it not be wonderful to have a roof that doesn't leak when it rains on our green shires, and stuff?" And Sir Bruce Poppencock would have been like, "I say, missus, you're very *fanciful* with your ideas today." To which Mrs. P. responded, "Why, Master P., you've made up a word! What year is it? I do believe it's circa 1627! Let's carve the year--we *think*--on a stone so no one forgets. *Fanciful!* Dear man, you are a genius. I'm so glad my father forced me to marry you and allow you to impregnate me every year.

YES. Sarcastic amazement. Hahahahhaha. You should read this book, and the reason that I'm linking you to the picture on Jessie's blog is because she lent it to me. Now she's gonna read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and we'll be book buddies! More so than before! Ha. I can no longer use exclamation points without thinking of Boomer. By the way, this book is much more appropriate word/vocabulary/content-wise than Nick and Norah, some of you might not be scared away! Though, in my opinion, it is not nearly as good. It kinda seems almost as if it was written with not only no original plan (which is true, they just emailed the chapters back and forth to each other) but also didn't go through much plot editing after, which makes it sometimes not that realistic. But it's still really really really good. I really like Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. Nick and Norah. DON'T WATCH THE MOVIE, READ THE BOOK, MY, MY METRO CARD, HE'S NOT A GEEK, HE'S A SEXY BASS GOD, and don't you doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment