Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I finished Harlem, now on to my other tragedies

My dad said to me today: "You should take these months as an example that you can't do everything, and do it well."
I replied: "I think I did pretty well."

I forgot the word "considering."

Haha, you should see my cover, it was on Photoshop, and yeah I took maybe 15 minutes tops on it. It's SO messy. You can't REALLY tell unless you look closely. So don't. And I believe I have invented a new genre of poetry, I have named it "30 Second Suck Poems" and I write a lot of them for school. I HATE/dislike poetry. I like it when I'm reading it, or writing it for fun. But I can't write on call. Especially anything good. God.

But everything looks kinda nice and so yeah. Just don't read ANYTHING. DON'T. Because these have been my goals for the project:

1. Do the bare minimum.
2. Make it look like you didn't do the bare minimum.

As a result, the writing is complete crap and the presentation is pretty. Because writing (well) takes more time than making things look good. For me. I expect to hear a full report on every one of YOUR projects' tomorrow. And I mean, like, where you bought your glitter paper, and if there is no glitter paper, why the heck did you not get glitter paper.


My word order is kinda weird/formal, I'm deciding to blame it on my keyhole response essay and on the German test, because words in German are arranged weirdly. By weirdly I mean not Englishly.

1 comment: