Thursday, April 21, 2011

In Which I Pretend to be Ignorant of Pop Culture and MAKE SOMETHING



 My dad said that we couldn't use screens for yesterday morning, and I was just like, "Oh! I'll make a Luna Lovegood house!" I don't know where it came from, really, but I have been thinking a lot about how to make circular furniture and what that would feel like to live in and look at. So yeah, I did. I had a lot of fun. It's mostly cardboard and hot glue, but I used some aluminum foil instead of paint (I USED SO MUCH PAINT). It was like, amazing, to make. It took twelve hours almost exactly.
So the small picture on the left is the house from the side, though the side is where the door and stuff is.
The front is where the cutout is. Anyway. Near the front door of the house is signs, like "Keep of the Dirigible Plums," "The Quibbler. Editor: X. Lovegood." And "Pick your own mistletoe."
These are actually signs that were in the book.
I read the chapter "Xenophilus Lovegood" about twenty times slowly, picking out colors and stuff like that. I have no idea how to spell his name. And I'm not going to look it up, so deal.

So the small picture on the right up there is the roof. I don't like it that much, but it's okay.

That's the spiral staircase "in the center of the floor." It took awhile to make.
Okay, so, first floor. The kitchen. If you remember the 7th book as vividly as I do, you would remember that it's perfectly circular (as is the rest of the house), has a staircase in the center of it, and is covered in paintings of flowers in primary colors, very Luna-esque. There's a stove in the background there.
And the floor, again, bright colors and even some glitter.












This is the second floor, you know, the room that looks like "a combination of workplace and living area." There's the printing press on the side there.

Here's a close up. Oh, what's that? What's that? A magazine?! Quibbler, Undesirable No. 1. With a picture of Harry Potter. Interesting, Lovegood. Interesting.

I seriously enjoy that big pile of papers and books. It makes me happy.Too bad it's in the very back of the room, behind the stairs. You can hardly see it.
I also really enjoy this, it's a "Crumplehorned Snorkack" (how do you spell THAT?) Horn, though really a Eurumpet horn or something like that and it BLOWS UP later in the chapter. Well later in the chapter after this chapter. I am not obsessed.
And here's the "living" part of the room, definitely less exciting than the other part. Couch. Chair. Table. Circle windows.










This is Luna's bedroom. Because Harry,  Ron, and Hermione never go above her room, I decided not to bother with, like, her Dad's room or the attic of whatever. So this is the top floor.












She has a bed, a dresser, and a window. The carpet is light blue in the book, and so yeah. I never really figured Luna for a monotonous kind of girl, so I don't know about the blue furniture in addition to that, but I like it anyway. It's kind of like, a Ravenclaw thing, I guess. Because she was in Ravenclaw.

Aluminum Foil mirror. YES.

And of course, the portraits on the wall. I only did Hermione, Harry, and Ron, though Ron isn't supposed to be there, Neville is. Whatever. Three fit, and I guess I thought Ron would make more sense in this.









What I really wanted to do was make a little Harry, Ron, and Hermione knocking on the door, because this is what the house looks like directly before they come in (I wouldn't do after they come, obviously, because they sorta kinda blow it up a little.) Anyway. Do you like it? I took forever on it and I'm very proud of it, even if you don't. It was a totally amazing waste use of my time and glue "slugs." And paint. And fabric. And cardboard. I used so much crap in this thing. I NEVER use my materials, I always save them for whatever. But recently I've just been like, well, if I'm always saving them, I'm NEVER going to use anything, and so then I do something that uses them all, like this.

It was fun.

Okay, now onto the pop culture thing. I'm not ignorant, I just haven't listened to music in awhile. And I'm pretending to be more surprised than I actually am.
I spent most of the time making this listening to the radio,  and I DON'T KNOW WHY I DIDN'T CHANGE IT. Music is so bad now. Okay, so half of the songs just forget to have verses now. It's just like, chorus/chorus/bridge/chorus/chorus/chorus. Not even kidding. I'm not looking for something drastic, just maybe a few extra sentences. I don't know. And also, there's only like three artists ever on. Britney Speares. Bruno Marz. And Rappers with Chicks in Background. That's one artist because they all sound the same. All of the songs are about sex, drinking, dancing, dancing sexily (that's a TaEgogy word, by the way.), drinking hard, or having sex... hard. It's a little bit disgusting. Also, Rihanna is another one of the artists that they play. But they don't play any of her good songs, just the bad ones.

I'm very disappointed.

I've also officially gotten over the movie I watched yesterday and am no longer creeped out. It's not even a BAD DRUGS BAD story anymore to me, it's also a BAD ADDICTION BAD and  DON'T GO CRAZY and SERIOUSLY, DON'T GO CRAZY, and ADDICTIONS. BAD story. I like it.

Okay, back to the house. It was fun. I liked it. Did you like it? What is your favorite detail? Do you know more about Harry Potter book 7 than me and would like to point out a flaw? Where in my house should I put this? Do you like it? What is your favorite detail? I'm just repeating myself, because I really want to know.

My writing is really awkward right now, because.... well I actually don't really know, but it's not very good, and I'm not really in the mood to write, I just did because I wanted to explain my pictures. And my title. Soooooooooooooo.... sorry.

And answer the questions!

7 comments:

  1. I love it! I think that sometime after you decide it's taking up to much space you should reck it to create how it looks after the stuff happens (I didn't want to spoil incase people haven't read it). And I haven't listened to the radio or bought music off iTunes in forever...so you're not alone :P Am I the only one who comments on anything anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My verification word to post that last comment was aminiana- A Mini Ana---> A Mini Anna. Hehe. Just had to point that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW LIVVYY!!!! This is so pretty and amazing!! I love it! HARRY POTTER <3. It's so detailed. after looking through so many of your posts (there are ALOT), I say you're gonna go far in life. haha. wow. cheesy. Seriously though, i lovee all of your work. KEEP IT UP!! <33333

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Caitlin! <3

    Anna, you need a verification word? WHATTTT? I thought I took that off forever ago! I hate those things! I don't think you have to do it on your own blog or something because I totally would have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, took it off now. Carry on. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh- you said carry on and now I have Bohemian Rhapsody stuck in my head.

    Carry on, carry on, like nothing ever mattered....

    ReplyDelete
  7. k.
    1. IT'S XENOPHILIUS.
    2. You have to write friendsfriendsfriendsfriendsfriendsfriendsfriends in gold paint on the wall. REMEMBER?
    3. You're one of my favoritest people in the world. Just thought I would tell you. And no, favoritest is not a word :)

    ReplyDelete