Tuesday, April 19, 2011

'member we saved that girl, mate? you remember that? *DUHNNN*

There are some things that you just don't need to see.
Not that I regret it, Aaron. But it's just that... I didn't need to.... god.
Movie: Requiem for a Dream.

It was an awesome movie, visually. Like all of the camera angles and the cuts and stuff. And the sounds.The sound was really unbelievable.

Okay, I just watched the last minute of Boy A to get over this, and I'm better now.

You know that Jared Leto, the actor who plays Harry (main character of Requiem) had to shave his head and go live as a monk to get over that part? He did. Wikepedia says so. No, but really. "He lived on the streets of New York in preparation for the role, and following the film he moved to Portugal, shaved his head and lived in a monastery for several months to recover." I think that's cool. He's in the band 30 Seconds to Mars? He's like, the head of it. And he directs their music videos. He's pretty cool. And the director of Requiem for a Dream also directed Black Swan, which I haven't seen yet, but I've heard a lot about it. Um. Yeah. I've recovered now. Just trying to keep the image of his arm out of my head....... eugh. Okay. Good. 


So, guess what I did today? I was bored, and home alone, so before I watched this movie I MADE HOMEMADE CINNAMON BUNS! It was so cool! I have NEVER done something like that before. It was so much fun! And they tasted... good! It was a miracle, considering how there wasn't any buttermilk or confectioner's sugar or whatever and I halved everything, making there be much room for mistake. But they were good. They were. 

3 comments:

  1. Yummy :) I've always wanted to make cinnamon buns but never have...maybe I'll have to now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the theme song for Requiem of a Dream. I really want to play it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY BAKING! I made a cake and it had fondant made of marshmallows and it took me like 10 hours but it was soooo fun.

    ReplyDelete