Monday, April 11, 2011

Some books change. Some don't.

I just read Thirteen Reasons Why again, and it was good. If someone hasn't read it yet and wants to I'm bringing my copy tomorrow to lend to either the first person who asks or I see.

On the other hand, I also read Peeps, Scott Westefeld, this weekend, and it wasn't nearly as good. Very disappointing, seeing as it used to be my favorite book. I guess it's just not as good because I've read it like four times and so know all of the amazing things it indirectly teaches you about. Either way, I'll miss it. Love him. Scott Westerfeld, I mean. He's great. But yeah, Peeps wasn't as good this time. I need to find a good book.

Now I've heard these rumors that people haven't been able to find any more good books because they've read them all already. They're blaming it on the perfection of The Hunger Games. These people are all very wrong, because the Hunger Games WERE NOT THAT GOOD. They were mediocre. They were okay. They were like.... an okay idea, not carried out that well, with bad characters. I mean, I liked them, but where is this OBSESSION coming from? Seriously! Like adults and children really like them and they just aren't that amazing.

That said, it's been awhile that I've read something for the firs time that really struck me. It's been a long time. I might be developing the everything-good-out-there-has-already-been-read craze as well, though I'm trying not to. Truth is, I haven't had much time for reading. I need to go to the library. God. Really badly.

That, or I should try to read every Harry Potter again. I wonder if I can, after the musicals and the spoofs and the songs. I should also reread the Golden Compass series to understand it this time. And finish HHGTTG.

But see, I dint really want to. I want something new. Favorite books, anyone? I'm thinking science fiction.... I'm kind of in the mood... But now it's 2 in the morning, who knows what I'll want later. Actually, I need to read the Catcher. In the Rye again and understand it. And John Green.

Anything else? Anyone have any if those books, because I won't be able to get them. I'll just pretend to. Break resolutions.anyone have any favorite books that I haven't read already (hard to find, actually, though the library got some new ones recently so I dont recognize ALL of them anymore) or if I've read them already I wouldnsyill enjoy?

Need help.

Also, I didn't have time to watch Forrest Gump. Yet.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bring Going Bovine and Catcher In The Rye

    ReplyDelete