Saturday, April 9, 2011

Movies, and EVENTS

I found it.

http://www.movshare.net/video/gwzqpnp7qqmbz

Are you happy, Aaron and Duncan and Malama and Jessie and Lindsey Y? Yeah. I thought you might be.

I'll watch it sometime this weekend, not right now.

But this means we can all still be friends.




FRIDAY WAS AWESOME! It was so much fun! I won first in Architecture and second in Video (out of two, and we were better, and I'm a little sad about it, because we were better and at least more classy. we didn't sound like we were about to start laughing any second.) and nothing in Graphic (but Sophie got first! I have the t-shirt! and I might make myself a t-shirt of my design, just because. Haha.)

I actually had NOWHERE to be all day officially so I just followed around people like Sophie and Jessie and Aaron and Lindsey and Esther, who did have some places to be. But mostly not, so we just had a lot of fun wandering around the campus (well, the technology building, at least) and walking in on different competitions.

I really enjoyed watching Engineering Structure, where they load all these heavy things like sand and bricks into/onto a bridge/tower (for high school) until it BREAKS with this BIG SLAMMING NOISE so it was entertaining to me, probably not as much for the people who've been working on them for the past months. Tech Bowl was also kind of fun to watch, with Jessie, who also wasn't doing it. We passed notes and made comments on the stupid judge and also the competition,especially the little genius boy in the green shirt and the trigger happy polyblend shirted guy, from the school that is genius and the school that hasn't yet gotten out of it's dorky stage and into it's nerdy/geeky stage, which is of course, less awkward. Because they're smart. And a little awkward, but the smart cancels it out.

It was a lot of fun, but then again, it's a competition, so you know, you'll just hear us complaining about it for the rest of the week, I don't think anyone is planning on talking about the good things, just the unfair judges. That tech bowl one was really stupid and got really pissy after Jesse Y. blocked a question after HE ASKED IF HE COULD and the problem solving fiasco was disappointing to my friends who should have gotten first place, but then NOBODY got first place, and then Engineering Structure for level one, because we all know what happened there. Lets call it a mass-DQ. Again, it's a competition, no one's going to be happy with their placing. I wish there was more competition in Architecture, DeWitt were the only entries, and we all did them last week, so it would be nice to see how mine compared to someone who maybe took more time on it?

But even if you hear us saying these things, you can know that it's not true. It was an awesome awesome day and it was SO MUCH FUN. So don't believe us when we say none of it was fair, or whatever. Because most of the day wasn't about that, and a lot of the time was spent sitting in the lunch booth thing on the second (third?) floor and talking, or walking back and forth between the gym and the tech building, and watching robots push each other off mats, or watch the underdog car win second, or making high school friends while watching their bridges being broken into pieces.

Yep. It was awesome.

And now you guys can no longer hate me or get me to jump off the bus, because I found the movie, and I am going to watch it. THIS WEEKEND. Maybe.

One more thing, please comment, I like it when I hear from all of you.

On a COMPLETLY unrelated but happy-making note, I am wearing a skirt WITHOUT tights and it's amazing, let ms tell you. Not having to awkwardly pull them up every five minutes or checking to see it it's still there (the skirt, I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment