Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Some Geeky/Childish Things I've Been Doing Recently...

Playmobil/Jenga Block Houses and STARWARS SPACESHIP.

House #1

This is the first floor. The top is the door.


Entrance hall with stairs.


The living room. There is a fireplace and couches, if you can see them. The thing with jenga block architecture is that it takes a lot of imagination. I've been making Jenga houses for awhile so I can see it all... but to other people I can imagine it looks kinda weird...


The dining room. I used something that WASN'T ACTUALLY A JENGA BLOCK, GASP. Haha, it's from my sister's doll house.


The kitchen. Now, tell me where the fridge is! Can you see it? Or am I the only one who can transfer them in my head? You know, someone needs to make me some Jenga Houses and see if I can see what THEY make, because I wonder if you could only see the resemblance if you make the resemblance in the first place.



The entire upstairs. Do you see where the stairs are? Yeah, that's where they come up from.




Bedroom.


Master bedroom (well, not really, because there isn't another bathroom. Bathrooms are annoying to make because Jenga Blocks aren't toilet size- I only have one in this entire house. I guess if I needed another one I would put it under the stairs)


Yeah, this is the bathroom- minus toilet.

House #2

Entire house. This time I used playmobil pieces- I usually do that. The last one was a test, to see what I could do with only the same size blocks.


The mudroom, kinda. Entrance Hall.


Boy's room. Note: Guitar and Tool set. Yes, playmobil is sexist. And when I give the tools to the girl I feel like I'm being so against sexism that it's sexist. Does that make sense? It does to me, so I normally give the guy the guy like stuff.


Girls room, with a writing desk and cat.


Parents room. With nothing, because they are boring like that- and playmobil doesn't give adults hobbies because that's stupid.


This is the dining room.


And the kitchen- I LOVE making little kitchens like that. All the pots lined up, and food. Normally there is a basket with some dead rabbits (see: backyard) but it didn't fit and it's not exactly sanitary.


The living room. I really like the tea set in the corner, I normally make a separate tea ROOM, but we've been losing the Jenga Blocks like CRAZY and I was making the bedrooms really big. Well, bigger than normal.


The backyard, with all their animals. Awww.




And this is the lego starship thing that I made. I love it from the side.
It's official name is the Ninja Ship. You like?









It's so funny how when I'm making playmobil, it's always farm life or something in the time of carriages and fireplaces, and with legos it's ONLY Starwars. EVERYTIME. I mean, I know they make more modern playmobil, but they are gross. They don't go with each other, whereas all of the old fashioned or farm look like they fit together. And legos is just... we just have so much originally-star wars-pieces that there isn't a point to trying to do anything else. Once in awhile I would make a futuristic house (you should see this one I did awhile ago, it was awesome. We took it apart for parts, however.) What do you all use/ used to use* legos and playmobil for.


*I understand that it's weird for me to still use that stuff, but it's not that I actually play with the people in the houses. Sometimes I like, develop stories behind them but I don't sit down and move the pieces and have them talk to each other. Mostly. Haha, jk, I just like to design these things.

3 comments:

  1. i make evil 63 year old rapist bi faries! oh and my brother has a whole basket of like vintage legos and i make towns from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those Lego Architecture things. I have the Fallingwater one and my brother has the Empire State Building one. I really want the Taj Mahal one but of course it's like $300. But Legos are still awesome. :) Geekyness unite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, see, we only get the starwars lego sets so we can't imagine making anything else.

    Haha, Ally. Haaaaaahaaaaa.

    ReplyDelete