Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Things-That-I-Like-Borderline-Obsessively




 I've kind of sort of mentioned that I'm decorating my wall nerdy-style. Well, not nerdy-style, really, but just general things-that-I-like-a-lot-borderline-obsessively.











Above left is a picture I drew of the scene in The Chamber of Secrets when Harry Ron, and Hermione see the words and the pool after coming back from the library or something. I was reading it, and I was just like, OMG I need to see this IN CRAYON on my wall. Also in that picture, below the HP one, is a sketch of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy cover.
Above right is that picture of Alex Day that doesn't really look like Alex Day but I like anyway. Above that is a stippling version of the Harry Potter 7 cover. In pink-purple. Ohhhhhh yeahhhh. Hahaha. I really like stippling, it's just it takes forever to draw something with it. I did that one in a car where there was nothing better to do, so yeah. Plus it's small. I really like that.

This one isn't actually on the wall yet, my Grandma wanted it. I just need to print out this picture of it and then I'll put it on. It's a picture of Dr. Who and the girl. Aw, I already forgot her name. I need to watch some more of them. It's copied from the picture down on the side at this site: http://www.watchdoctorwhoepisodes.com/1-rose/ Like, advertising the first season or something.


















Above Left is a really rough line drawing/sketch of the cover of my Pretty Little Liars book, also the shot used for the TV Show picture. It's really simple, but I dunno. It also somehow looks like them.
Above Right is a picture of Wheezy Waiter, aka Craig Benzine, who's super awesome. He's on YouTube, naturally, and is hilarious. IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE HIM more than the Alex Day one, at least. He's saying "Explosion" because has this kinda-sorta-a-thing-thing that's Explosion Wednesday where he blows stuff up, in his animation studio, anyway. Is that a thing I think I'll make it a thing. Above that is my card that shows the astonishing revelation that I CAN'T BE KILLED BY A BASILISK. Especially because of the proof given by Colin Creevy, looking through a camera lens, I know that looking at everything through glasses will protect me from ever dying from looking at a Basilisk. A great comfort, I'm sure. I can only be petrified.

I have one more thing I've put up since taking these pictures, and it's the chart I made to chart my progress on the Harry Potter in a Week challenge, which I COMPLETED, BY THE WAY. CELEBRATION. But yeah, that's up there now too, even though it's not really art. Whatever.



And, just a bonus, this is a picture of a pillow I found in my Nana's house. I'm sure she doesn't see it that way, but to me, it's kind of a little incest-y. It made me laugh. And then no one got it. So I felt a little stupid. And not able to explain myself with little siblings and old people watching.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, so you didn't draw the Dr. Who picture yourself? And the other art is all amazing. The Wheezy Waiter one is really realistic. And I love the Chamber of Secrets, that looks really real too. Just so you know, you aren't alone, the pillow made me crack up too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW IT WAS FUNNY. Hahahaha.
    And no, I did draw the Dr. Who picture myself, my grandma just kept it. I have a picture of it. I just used the ad thing as a model. I'm trying to draw, like, what things actually look like, which is one of the reasons I'm copying all these book and movie covers. The other other reason is, of course, that it's gonna look cool on my closet.

    ReplyDelete