Friday, December 24, 2010

Ah, I read some pretty good books when I was a little kid. Ahem, books I apparently still read now.

I just read These Happy Golden Years (yeah, the last Little House book) and it still even now makes he happy in a sad kinda way. Hard to explain. 
It's pretty amazing, actually, that I still liked it. First of all, the last time I read them was 4th grade (maybe more recent for this one because I loved it so much) and I've grown a lot literary-ly since then and second of all, I've read those books like ten times each and that one twenty, so I'm pretty surprised I can still appreciate them. Of course, this time around I can also appreciate how ridiculous I was when I first read it- I keep remembering feelings and thoughts I had when I read it first in like second grade and I was so stupid. I was scared of things working out bad for the family... Of the horses not being loved... Of selling too many things... Getting frostbite (actually, that one was more this time.) 

Okay, I understand that those books are SO SO SO SO childish and everything but I just got into a Little House mood, and you heed to take advantage of those even when it's one in the morning. Almanzo is sexy. See, thats not something I got the first time!!! They are so adorable together and it's sooooooooooo sweet. Awww. See, that's the happy/sad feeling. Awwwwww so cute. Really, it's really really romantic/old fashioned in love and so cute. You know. "you think I would stop picking you up just because there's nothing in it for me?" "would you like to go on a sleigh ride / buggy ride for fun this time?" awww "*expensive secret Santa present at church*" "how would you feel if you had an engagement ring?' 'Depends on the person.' 'If it was me?' 'Depends on the ring." "you may kiss me goodnight." "Its a very beautiful ring' 'I think it's the hand." "I can only imagine how long you worked making me those cupboards" etc. Isn't that just so cute? 

2 comments:

  1. He's a character.... hahahahaha. I don't know why that's his name it honestly makes no sense. It's a true story (creative autobiography, pretty much)so I guess she didn't want to change it even though it sounds so... soap opera.

    ReplyDelete