Saturday, December 4, 2010

I'm SO GOOD at distracting myself

As you might be able to imagine right now, there are a lot of feelings running through my head. Instead of acknowledging more annoying ones such as disappointment and anger, I'm going to talk about something else and try and distract myself. Hopefully, my icy-scary-evil-calm voice that I can't stop right now will go away.

So, my grandparents are going to come over for Christmas this year. My mom's all like "We should totally go to church that night at that place in Cornell" (not her exact words, duh) and then she's like "Do you want to come" and I'm like NO. I hate going to church on Christmas Eve. It's so boring. Why would you be THERE when you could be at home opening your before-present? (we open one present on Christmas eve. My mom picks it out, we can't choose. And it's normally pajamas.) and sitting by the fire? and having FUN? Plus, my mom and my grandma normally go to some mass somewhere, and I would hate to intrude on their ritual. Uh huh, that's why.
It's just boring, I'm sorry.
On the topic of holidays, Hanukkah is this Sunday! Well, actually, it's not ONLY this Sunday, but we aren't a very Jewish family so we celebrate it only one night. We light the candles and stuff every night, but we have Latkas (how in the world do you spell that?) which I hate, by the way,, they're way to oil-ly and onion-y, even when dipped in applesauce, sour cream, and ketchup, and get a present only once. And we decided on sunday. I'm very excited to get my present, which is the complete Hitchhikers set (I picked it out... and saw it being bought.), minus And Another Thing, which isn't even the same author so it doesn't count. Actually, I might be missing the last one. I forget if there's four or five in the book, and I also forget if there is four or five in the series (minus Eoin Colfer).
No, we don't celebrate Kwanzaa or Boxing Day, which are the two other big December Holidays. Instead of doing something that boring on the 26, we decided (ha) to have my birthday! Yep, my birthday is the day after Christmas. You know what that means? YES. You better get me TWO presents by... whenever we get back.
The Stromingers aren't having their New Year's party this year, I've heard. I'm okay with that, I guess, because it wasn't that fun last year. It was fun.... like 3 years ago? This means I guess we're going to the Sheimans... such a party. Seriously, we're there all the time, it's no longer a special occasion. It's like going out to dinner at Viva. We ALWAYS go out to dinner at Viva. ALWAYS. I LOVE VIVA. So this is fine with me. It's just it's no longer that special of an event. Of course Viva is still special. This is hard to explain.

So yeah, those are my Christmas, Hanukkah, and 14th BIRTHDAY plans plus that bit added about Viva. Try the Super Burrito. And the Lime Vinaigrette. What are you doing for the holidays?

Ah, this almost made me optimistic! YES! Goal reached.


OH MY GOD, I HAD AN ELLIS HOLLOW PLAY IDEA THE OTHER DAY! And it made me happy too! YES. This is good.

1 comment: