Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Challenge!

Kinda.

So, I know you all read my Authors of the Moment because you all care that much. So since you already know what this is about I don't even have to explain that I'm giving out candy to whoever reads a book. Reading a book isn't that hard, you know.

NOT JUST ANY BOOK can be read to get a piece of halloween candy. Chose from the below list. The further down the list you go, the more chance you will have of choosing your own candy.

  1. 13 Reasons Why- (Jay Asher) If you haven't read that yet, you don't deserve candy, I'm sorry. Same with The Book Thief.
  2. Queen of Babble, Queen of Babble in the Big City, Queen of Babble GETS HITCHED- (Meg Cabot) I've already told you all NOT to read those, but if you must...
  3. The Secret Life of Prince Charming- (Deb Caletti) I'm sorry, Anna, but Deb Caletti is sooooo good she's better than Sarah Dessen. This one is my favorite from her, though The Life and Fortunes of Indigo Skye comes pretty close. Read either, I guess.
  4. Pants on Fire- (Meg Cabot) Um.... in the "Liar Liar," kind of way, just so you know. Very good book. Meg Cabot is sooo good at talkinggggg.
  5. City of Bones/Ash/Glass- (Cassandra Clare) I really enjoyed the last one, City of Glass, because I correctly guessed the plot, and it all happened the way I wanted it to go! It's also a good series.
  6. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- (Douglas Adams) Finally, a book both guys and girls can read! (if you are a guy, and read any of the other above, you will not get candy, I will just make fun of you. Sorry again) This series is a collection of random moments, intense situations, hilarious adventures, and sarcastic comments made by deppresed robots, the last man on earth, the last woman on earht (neither of whom actually on earth) a friend of the last man on (of) earth who happens to be an alien/researcher for a book, and the president of the galaxy. READ. how can that description NOT make you!?!?!
  7. Jane Eyre- (Charlotte Bronte) possibly the first feministic book ever written, and yet with a very unfeministic ending. It's really good, an exciting, and intersting, and funny too. Like I've said to I'm sure everyone at some point, I don't normally like books that are very old fashioned inctheor writing style (just too many WORRDS) but this one isn't like that. It's very good.
  8. [Sci-fi]- this includes but isn't limited to (talk to me) 1984, Farenheit 451, Ender's Game, Dune (though I haven't even finished that one, so no worries) or other books that I can't think of right now.
  9. [Anything by Scott Westerfeld, prefferably Peeps.]- Peeps is the best book ever, maybe even my favorite of all time (after an epic battle with The Book Thief, it won.) and you should totally share the awesome.
  10. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist- (Rachel Cohn and David Levithan) Okay this is an awesome awesome book. (more details in author of the moment) it's a really awesome story with really great characters told from two very different viewpoints. I will give you ANYTHING to read this book.

People who already get candy: Jacob L. and Esther. Oh, i forgot Before I Fall!!! (lauren oliver) Thank god for ally mirin. For giving me the books Hitchhikers Guide and Jane Eyre, repsectively.  If you've read any of these books, send me an email. Hopefully you know it, or you shouldn't be at my blog. Email me the list of books you've read, and you have until... thanksgiving? after break? To do this. If you've already read some of them, they count also- but you need to make a note of how many you actually took the effort to get out after reading this. (sophie I hope I answered your comment.) Stephanie, I'm not going to shame you.... as long as you still want to read it! Please note, I have SOME of these books to lend out also. Not many, but some. Hardly. Only 12 Reasons and City of Glass and Peeps. So you could borrow those. But all of these books are definitely at the TCPL and if they aren't (you know, because y'all are gonna be fighting over then and the demand'll be too high) I think DeWitt's library has them too. Feel free to include books that you know I've read (and loved), and come seeking candy for reading them!

5 comments:

  1. What if you've already read some of them?

    ~13 Reasons Why
    ~The Book Thief
    ~1984
    ~Animal Farm
    ~So Yesterday
    ~Peeps

    And I will have to find the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, for Hitchhikers guide

    you forgot sentient dolphins, flying black obsidian birds, time travelling babies no one knew about, and did i mention that there's a spaceship powered by the calculations of a bistro?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read "before I fall",by lauren oliver.Can I have my candy????Please....
    Thank you
    Love,
    Lucy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read 13 reasons why and peeps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-Time!!! Only I'm doing my book review on it. Haha. I'll lend it to you later.

    ReplyDelete