Friday, November 26, 2010

Obituary of Justin Bieber, killed by an angry anti-fan

I remember the beginning. The one day where I had no idea who he was, when I had heard him on the radio but not enough to know him by name, and when he was just a boy who sounded like a girl. 

The next day, I remember looking him up on wikipedia, and there was already an article up about him. Birth date, full name, first song. Already. On the bus that morning, everyone had formed their own opinions of him. All of the guys were automatically disgusted. "You like Justin  Bieber?" they would say. "Or should I say, Justine?" and the girls would respond with a "Wow, jealous much?" 

Our thoughts and opinions of him grew as he did, until he was much more than a boy who sang like a girl- he was the target of gay jokes, he was an object to be picked on, he was a teen sensation. The girls still had Bieber Fever, the boys were still jealous. 

He could sing, he could dance, and- my mom even agreed-he had a great stage presence. People hated on him, why? Because he was famous? Because he did, underneath all his mainstreamed persona, have talent? You never had to love him. I didn't even love him. He was just another singer. And he could sing. So all I can say to you is, "wow, jealous much?"

2 comments: