Monday, November 8, 2010

Livvygoesdeep (a strain of livvylogic)

Ok so...... Polygamy. What are your views? Because I used to have like no opinion, whatever, as long as they're happy, right? kind of thoughts. But I read this book (what else is new) and it just really creeped me out, I'm sorry. I don't even know what religion it is?
And honestly, Im sure that there are families with more than one mother who are all happy and fine, but god, this book was more than a little bit scary. It was called The Chosen One and yeah.... She was (almost) forced to marry her uncle who's like 50 years older than her. And she has no say in it. "I saw it in a vision from God," Prophet Childs says, but, um, so? You are forcing this girl to marry her blood relative who is 50 years older thanher, and beating the crap out of her when she doesnt obey. And she thinks she's being punished or something because she reads books from the traveling library, and likes this boy in her compound and wishes she could choose something for herself. Don't worry she doesn't believe she deserves that punishment for long... And I will never ever ever ever put up with anyone who believes that woman was put on this earth for man. Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww no. Thank you.

Opinions? Thoughts? Read the book, maybe? (future or past tense)

It's an interesting thing to think about... Where religion should just stop. Where it starts to become ... Not ridiculous, but I guess just really constraining and honestly sexist.

And really I'm sorry if any of this offended any of you, I'm not super religious in a theistic (is that a word?)way, and generally consider myself very open to religion. So yeah, I don't mean any harm.

2 comments:

  1. oooo I got that book for my birthday!!!!!!! havnt read it yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Anyone who believes woman was put on Earth for man is obviously fucked up. That's why people like Gloria Steinhem burned their bras.

    ReplyDelete