Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fictional Characters/Twilight

I've been having trouble with my fictional character obsessions recently. It's becoming an issue. Not an actual issue, just a little weird. I'm in love with Darren Criss, who is of course Harry Freakin Potter (justified) but is also playing a very gay man on Glee and it's just WEIRD. He's so cute though, that I'm okay with it. Plus he can sing. And write. Etc.
Also, Stephanie Meyer. You really can't deny her talent. Okay, time out, before you start having "eeww twilight" thoughts I'm going to give you a quiz. Raise your hand if you still have not read the series. Okay, now, if that's true, you aren't allowed to say "ewww twilight", first of all.  It is cheesy. It is a bit ridiculous. Bella is minorly obsessed/messed up/etc. It does not suck. It's a very good series. It makes you happy. Wait, I never finished my quiz. After you've raised your hand, answer:
a. It sounds stupid, so I've never read it.
b. I've heard it was good but I'm the kind of person who doesn't jump on the bandwagon.
c. I'm not reading it because everyone else has read it (yes this is different than b)
d. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but I probably will soon.
e. It's too long, otherwise I would read it.

If your answer is any of the above than you should read it and stop being crazy. Did you know that I refused to read Harry Potter for the longest time because everyone else was reading it? Do you know where that got me? Nowhere. It took till like 2nd Grade for me to read them. No way. See? Not worth it.

It's a good series. It really is. Right now I finished Eclipse (number three) and just got over the one part of the series that I love Jacob enough to actually hate Bella. All the other parts I only mildly dislike her for thinking everything is her fault. During this part of Eclipse and the begining of Breaking Dawn, everything actually IS her fault and Edward is just being ridiculous for trying to make her feel better when obviously she deserves it. Only part of the series I see the appeal of Team Jacob. Taylor Lautner's my man. Ha. Zefron. Don't worry about a thing, I would never do that to you. I'm team dumbledore. (wait, dumbledore aint a fictional character!) Anywayyyyy I don't like the movies, I don't know where that came from. Hmmm avpm?? Noooo. Okay. So yeah.

While I do think that everyone should finish the series just so that they can communicate with the people of our age, it's not something to be obsessed over. It's not the best thing that's ever happened to the world. But you can't listen to what Urban Dictionary has to say about it. I go on urban dictionary and look up things like twilight, justin bieber, blogger, etc, when I feel like looking at some trolls. I'm so proud of myself for just callign them idiots and moving on. It really is so disappointing. Anyway again. You can't say that the writing is bad, because it's not, it makes you want to be there. You can't say that the plot is bad, because it's dramatic and exciting, kinda, at least, though it does kinda repeat throughout the books. And you can't say that the characters are bad, because there are people like Jacob, Alice, and I don't know maybe someone else somewhere that actually have realistic feelings that make sense. Then again, you can't say that any of those things are the best either. It's just a book. It's just a book. Don't obsess over it, and don't hate on it. Like Justin Beiber! He has talent, but not enough to be obsessed with. Get it? Yes? Good. Go out there and read some Twilight. You know I've read the first one 3 times, the THIRD one 3 times, the 4th one almost three times, and you wanna know how many times I've read the 2nd one? MAYBE ONE AND A HALF. It sucks. I just skip over it. I pretend it's not. even. there. It confused me for a second, going from one to three without stopping and considering what happens in 3, but I got over it pretty fast. It's just like, Oh, Jacob's a werewolf, right, I forgot about that, and Oh cool, Bella's not suicidal any more. Pretty awesome, I think.

Anyway back to my fictional characters bit. You all know about Rudy. He's perfect. And Jacob and Edward. I'm cooler than bella, so I can have both. Ummmm who else. Andrew Garfield, who's not necessarily a fictional character but you know what I mean. Dum dum dum Ian from The Host (sorry, more stephanie meyer. Sadly almost the same plot, but a little better, and a better romance interest and ending. An ending with the person you actually like, sorry, spoiler alert, btw. read it.) WHo else. Tryin to think.... right Artemis Fowl. Duh. Sorry about that. He's gorgeous and a genius. Got a little crazy there. But I'm okay. Come on I could've sworn I had a longer list before. Help? Holden whatever his name is, Catcher in the Rye, love him, he's such a DORK. He's so funny. Cute, but pathetic. Haha. Um. Toby Turner. Youtuber. The Gregory Brothers. Shut up, Evan's married, I don't care, Micheals pretty awesome. Lookem up. You know, they're the autotune the news people. Obama. Shawtayyy Shashashawtaayyayayaaa. Love. Ummmmm more youtubers I know.... DUH jake and amir are gorgeous, but no one can really come between them. Such a love hate relationship going on there you just have the watch the whole season to understand why I'm wanting Amir's bestfriendness dreams to come. Jake can be a douche. But they're like Quirlldemort. Jake, open your eyessssss. Stupid. Anyway. I think that's about it. You know, plus Ed Kennedy and all the Zusaks and the Westerfelds and the I DON'T KNOW Calder Piggots, no, he's not cool... but whatever. Those people. I'm such a polygamist. See what I did there? Back to some other book. Books are good. Books are good.

3 comments:

  1. I've had a lovely week off with much reading - including "The Book Thief", which is where I assume your Rudy is from. Loved him. Loved that whole book. It literally took my breath away.

    In terms of crushes on fictional characters, I was totally in love with one of the Hardy boys when I was in elementary school. But I'm so old that now I can't remember which one it was...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Thief makes me cry around 10 times throughout the book, and that chapter at the end, The End of the World Part Two, makes me sob loudly, even when I'm trying to be quiet. I love Rudy and I love Max and I love that book. I have at the very least two blog posts dedicated to it.... haha. Have you read his other books? Honestly, all of them make me cry. For different reasons. It's really impressive, actually. Though this post is proof that I react strongly to books so maybe I would cry a little too easily. Markus Zusak's still the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cry really easily at books as well. Haven't read any of his others - Which one should I try next?

    ReplyDelete