Sunday, February 27, 2011

I still maintain that he kicked himself in the balls.

No way. No freaking way. Why is there such beauty in this world; sometimes I get sO jealous of everything. Read. That greenish one. She's just great, isn't she? Lauren Oliver? Before I Fall. Delirium. Very great. I guess this one wasn't AS good as Before I Fall but wow... it was good. Such a great idea.


Sorry if my judgement is a little off, I just finished the Twilight series again again and am still in a totally different world. A great world, I mean, I like Twilight, but a very unreal world. Everything I see is Jacob Edward Bella and the comparisons are everywhere. It's kind of weird but it's worth it, totally. I can see where the obsession could come from. You know, on the back of one of her books there's a review an it's something like "People do not want to just read Meyer's books; they want to climb inside them and live there." This is true. Or at least, it is by the second time you've read them.

Also: judgement may be off because I just read I Am Number Four, a bad book with an overall bad plot with bad characters. It had a fantastic starting idea, however, which made me put some faith in the movie to make it slightly better, you know, take some liberties.... Turns out they did. And they just didn't make it better, at all, just focused on making the people hotter (and kind of failing, actually, the guy was just weirdly old) and making the clothes look worn (also failing.) Sad. I had a lot of faith in that story. It's such a good idea! And you know. A fantastic tagline. Three of us are dead. I am number four. I am next. Fantastic. Such potential. It really makes me sad.

Even though I am telling you that my judgement may be a little screwed, you should still listen to me and read all of the above books minus the one immediately above.

As a side note, I just watched 10 Things I Hate About You, which as we all know is a modern rewrite of The Taming Of The Shrew with Heath Ledger in it, score. It's actually very funny and much less scary than it was to me in 6th grade (in terms of jokes, etc.) Bianca was ugly though. Lucentio was kinda adorable, though a little delusional.

Hope I keep you all entertained, because all I'm getting is no sleep. Look at the time. Gotta get better at this accepting that the resolution to the book I'm reading cab wait until the morning, as can my reaction to the resolution.

I got off topic. Just read. You know.

4 comments:

  1. I GOT DELERIUM! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen 10 Things I Hate About You but I can't really remember it and yes, Lauren Oliver is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I borrow your copy f "Before I fall" when you finish reading it? It look rally good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm already lending it to Esther and then I think to Stephanie, but then, sure.

    ReplyDelete