Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Status on BOOKS

I'm running out of them SHOCK HORRIBLE OH NO.
Would you like proof? Here-



Yes. You see it. A Series of Unfortunate Events. They are fantastic books, and on my "Forever Loved" shelf of my books shelf- but... a little young... just a bit.

I'm running out of books. I'm tired of perfect stories, of sarcastic science fiction (GASP not really but anyone have any new) and don't know enough reasonably good fantasy. I need help. Not that Lemony Snicket is BAD- in fact he is hilarious (a word which here means "overly being definitive and repetitive in his writing, as well as overly foreshadowing and being generally gloomy and sarcastic (a GREAT combination, by the way)) but still. It's no where near as good the second time. And I hate to say it, but I'm reading them so fast this time (like a book every few hours) that the repetitiveness isn't funny anymore!!! I'm on the 6th now, and only have up to the 7th, and then pick up at the 12th. So I won't even be able to finish them. Sigh.

Jessie, I got Feeling Sorry For Celia and I'm maybe planning on reading it... probably. I don't know.

PLEASE help me I NEED a good book NOW please please please pleasepleasepleaseplease.




Ohmigod, thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Read the Dan Brown books (unless you're squeamish). Especially (IN THIS ORDER) Digital Fortress, Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, and The Lost Symbol. I have all of them you can borrow them if you want. They're gripping, suspenseful, have great characters, and are impossible to put down after a few chapters.

    DISCLAIMER NOTE: DO NOT READ ON A WEEKNIGHT UNLESS YOU WISH TO GET NO SLEEP AND THEN FALL ASLEEP IN CLASS, RISKING POSSIBLE HUMILIATION AND DETENTION

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Dan Brown supposed to be a bad writer? Like, fantastic plots but really sucky writing? But yeah, I'll read his. I read your review of Digital Fortress, in Ms. Rosoffs room? It definitely sounds like my kind if book. Now I just need to remember to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the background Miss Secretary =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dan Brown books. Good recommendation for you! (Though you may have to fight not to judge the writing too harshly. Just enjoy the stories and don't dwell on the rest too, too much.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dan Brown books are quick and entertaining, but not destined to become classics. I just read The Hunger Games and can't stop trying to get everyone I know to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RIGHT it's funny, all of these books i've honestly been planning to read!

    ReplyDelete