Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recently has been sewing machine obsessed

Have I told you that since it's now okay to be ready for Halloween, it's officially mandatory to get started on my christmas presents. Not just anyone's christmas presents- everyone elses is boring- but my SISTER's. American Girl Doll Clothes. God I need a camera so I could show you what Emma's Christmas Collection looks like so far. Well if youuuu insiiiist I'll describe it. One outfit is like a red/purple/brown/orange striped fabric peasant blouse (hate thT word but I don't have a choice here) and it's skirt is like half purple felt and half purple SPARKLY felt. Another one is a pink and white striped skirt and this navy jacket with this really cool/odd collar. To match this collar's totally ON PURPOSE assymitry I made this actually on purpose assymetric dress. It's really cool. It's this black and white and grey swirl fabric that used to be a curtain found at salvation army and this see through yellow that probably also used to be a curtain two years ago before I got it free from the EHF. I'm going to post a picture of it when I have my dads phone to use as its the only camera in the HOUSE. So you'll probably see it. Eventually. And the last outfit (so far) is a HARRY POTTER WIZARDS ROBE that's taking me a surprisingly long time to make look finished. In the meantime, I'm making a backpack for this Elizabeth/Witch (what would those Loyalists say!?!? Am I in the right time period...?) and also a book of magic with amazing and useful spells like "Alohomora," (whoa, magic!) "Reparo," and "Avada Kevadra." and of course a wand. Maybe a broom if I have time and the will power. In case you havent yet attempted and failed at it (as I have. I have experience failing.) brooms are hard. Seriously.

So yep. I just told you about my sisters Christmas present in great detail. I'm sire this has changed your life forever. Ps. Don't let her read it. I've been so unbelievably ninja she's only realized that I've been stealing her doll... And that I'm making her present... And probably most of what that present looks like... Yeah, I'm a good ninja.

1 comment: