Tuesday, October 12, 2010

When you assume, you make an....... Out of you and me. Came so close to swearing there!!!

Been thinking a lot about popularity. I think it's funny how you don't even see it, you think you're the only school without stereotypical mean ness. Well still I hardly see it. Not to me.

Had a very eye opening bus ride. Hates it when people be mean to others for "being mean."

Freaking hypocrites.

I also think it's funny how much people assume. They don't hate you. Honestly, they don't give a crap. I guess the problem is they don't give a crap whether you want them to or not. 
Remember my "I Hate People" post? Yeah, it's even more vague than this (is that even POSSIBLE) but it says the same thing.

Remember my "I'm going to miss you, Elora Becraft" post/sentence? It's because reall
people are everywhere. And you choose not to see them as real. What do you see then, Barbies? Come on.

In the words of Rihanna, live your life. 

In the words of Bowling For Soup, don't hate us cause we're happy.

No, that quote makes no sense here. 


And don't hate... None of this is directed at anyone. Seriously. Even if it seems like it is. I'm not whipping you, I'm whipping the WORLD. Sorry inside joke.

7 comments:

  1. I hated middle school - the kids were so cruel. And it's so hard to watch another generation suffering through it, as well. I've actually been very aware of "meanness" from kids this year - it seems worse in some ways than I've seen in the past. More intentional, as you've said. Kids going out of their way to be hurtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I think that the seventh grade has a seriously established system this year. It's pretty horrible. Today in health somebody actually mentioned how middle school has more drama than high school and elementary school, because we're at the stage where we live for the adrenaline of it all. That's pretty horrible also. But I agree, that grade just seems so mean sometimes... Even to the like TOTALLY all-important 8th graders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just to clarify, I was not laughing about the meaness. I agree that it has become an issue this year. I've watched kids go out of their way to be mean multiple times. AND IT'S ONLY OCTOBER. The hahahha was about the end. The inside joke part =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel directed at... although I don't really give a damn about any of the Populars or their incorret opinions of me

    (ok i care about one of their opinions. but he's adorable and unfairly perfect. so ;P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, Olivia, so what exactly does "the seventh grade has a seriously established system this year" mean? And what can the adults in the building do to help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I don't really know because I'm not in that grade, but I've just noticed that it's very very obvious who has the power and that they use it. Maybe it's just obvious for me because I'm looking at it from far away, and maybe the 8th grade one is just as apparent... But I don't think so.
    Stopping that sort of thing is pretty hard. I really have no idea how to react to such strong cliches, you know? Things like that just shouldn't happen. And it's weird when they do. Hmm, that's no help at all.

    ReplyDelete