Thursday, April 1, 2010

Comment

I posted comment on Owen's blog, the post "Technology" and here it is: The thing that I am agreeing with is the whole idea of unresponsiveness, I guess.

"Yeah, my mom always says when she sees my friends texting while surrounded by friends "who are you talking to?" That is such a great question. I mean, really, who is more important than the people you are surrounded with? They are the only ones who actually know you- how can you tell what someone is thinking by a lol or ily. What if they aren't laughing out loud? What if they don't love you? I swear we are going to forget the difference between talking and talking with emotion- texting is even worse than phones."

Why do we always need to have a cell phone or a computer or an ipod with us at all times? Our attention span is getting shorter and shorter- it is shown everywhere, the tv's in cars (I mean, what the heck? Who needs to watch a movie to go to P&C?)the songs are all getting shorter. We now think a 4 minute song is kinda long. Every time I think of a futuristic story idea, one of my details would be the song's length. We will go to songs about 30 seconds long. Maybe that's too long, actually. One, Two, Three, Four, Five, yea I'm only 1/6 of the way there and I've wasted 5 seconds.

What is this whole thing about? Being cool? Having things the older kids have? Eventually it will get passed down all the way, until if you don't have an iphone in pre-k you aren't cool, and then we will invent something that makes you born with them. (reference from: Skinned, Feed, and a little bit Gone/Hunger with the whole little kids doing bigger things.)

If that was too many references for you, you need to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment