Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Mooovvvviiieesssss

I went today to the movies to see the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" not in 3D. It was SOOO great. It was fantabulous animation, except for the far away town shots that looked a little fuzzy, but other wise it was great. I currently have a huge crush on the main character Hiccup at the moment, because he is so adorable and because he had red hair and reallyyyy pretty green eyes. (haha. I'm such a sucker for red hair. have you noticed?) Anyway, the movie was great. I've always admired how animation studios like pixar and Dreamworks can put so much emotion in an animal's face. I mean, really- it's just a face. And one that we aren't able to distinguish emotion in as well as us, but they manage really well. It was a great movie, and the plot was awesome. Haha, I forgot about the plot with all the red hair and awesome animation. No, but it was a cool plot. Absolutely nothing like the book, according to my brother (I've read it too at some point, but I don't remember half of what I read) but whatever. I think, that if I forgot the books plot, that this was better. Which is something I have never said about a book->movie thing, so that's saying something.
I liked the whole idea of everyone trying to kill the dragons except for him who couldn't... wouldn't kill one. And Toothless (the dragon) was so great. Like I said, the emotion shown in his eyes was fabulous. He looked scared and hurt and in pain and whatever. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you so should. It's only Dreamworks and its pretty much up at the standards of Disney Pixar.

No comments:

Post a Comment