Saturday, September 25, 2010

I dare you...

I dare you all to pick up a New Yorker magazine and read it straight through, from beginning to end. I've learned so much random stuff! And I'm only on the second article. The writing is fantastic, also. I used to look at them and be like "That writing is so boring" but it ISN'T. It ISN'T. It's really really great. I read an article on Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder, and I don't know what to think. It's really long, but if you read it you won't regret it. It doesn't look as interesting online... AND IT'S LIKE 20 PAGES SHORTER and not as good but whatever. It's I also read this, a story called "ET TU, BROOKLYN" and it was just the perfect length of story and just... right somehow. I don't know. All I'm saying is that it's one of those magazines that you should just read all the way through. I'm going to read the science article just like I read the Shouts and Murmurs.
Plus the covers are just perfect.
Do you see this, Sophie? DO YOU SEE THIS, ALLY?


So tell me what you think. Have you read any? Did you like it? Did you hate it? I'm tired of the same people commenting and I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO DO A POST ABOUT ASKING PEOPLE TO COMMENT. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. Thanks. But anyway, really, does anyone else find magazines in general cool? Or just this kind of magazine? Fashion magazines? I like fashion ones also- all those PICTURES and stuff. What's cool for me about magazines is that they, unlike books, seem to need to have every single word read instead of skimming sentences here and paragraphs there. I soak them in. Weird, huh?



p.s. I love the new blogger- it's more like a gmail. Very cool. Though the picture thing is more like choosing a status picture. However, it IS less confusing, which is a plus.

[insert sign off here]

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love the New Yorker. And I love that cover. It's very me, I think. Did you see their Literary Field one? Genius. The New Yorker is amaaaaaazing. The Straightforward Mermaid. My dad told me if I every got published in it, he would buy me a [super expensive 1,000-something dollar] fountain pen. I'd rather have the money, but whatever. Or was he just hinting that I wouldn't be able to....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... I would LOVE to get something published in it. That would be AWESOME. SO AWESOME. And impossible. But okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IM COMMENTING.

    Just thought I would let you know.

    I utterly love the New Yorker.... and Time....although it can be stupid.... and like, I totes, like, luvv, like Seventeen, cuz, like, there's like hot guys, and like, shiny things, like, ya know?

    ReplyDelete