Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Youtube Playlist!!!!

Yay! Now you can all listen to my favorite songs! The playlist only includes the songs with two stars and more. Listen if you want, read if you want- but these are my favorite songs so don't hate! Strongly dislike is okay! Just say why. Not just "I freakin hate your taste in music it freakin sucks" because that would be HATING which isn't allowed here. So yeah. What songs do you like and which do you hate... I mean dislike? Some of them curse every once in awhile, and that's not my fault, the versions I own (mostly) are clean. So just ignore those parts.
~See the playlist~
Honorable Mentions:
Another Brick in the Wall (Part One)- Pink Floyd
City of Blinding Lights- U2
Fitter Happier- Radiohead
Handlebars- Flobots- I'm sick of this song, but I know that if I hadn't wasted it I would still like it.
Losing My Religion- REM
The Show Must Go On- Pink Floyd
Silver and Gold- U2- I like the part hwen he's talking.
Texarkana- REM
That's Not My Name- The Ting Tings
Wavin' Flag- K'naan- NO I don't know this song from the world cup- it was from before. I saw K'naan on tv performing.

One Star:
*Cedars Of Lebanon- U2- Slow song, I don't really know why I like it, but it's okay.
*Fez- Being Born- U2- Really cool beginning with odd noises.
*The First Time- U2- Used to be my favorite love song, but not as good as the one I talk about later. Not as sweet or good. It's really quiet.
*Highway 61 Revisited- Bob Dylan- REALLY interesting lyrics. I don't get ANY of the references but I know that if I did they would be great. Ha...
*Run This Town (Ft. Rihanna and Kanye West)- Jay-Z- Jay Z is the only rapper I really like. His lyrics are fun to listen to.
*Running to Stand Still- U2- I really like songs with stories. This one is interesting, and the tune is good- but I don't REALLY get it. I think it's drugs? I dunno, I like it.
*The Trial- Pink Floyd_-The Musical form of Tim Burton. YES> It's really creepy and really cool and I really want Tim Burton to make it.
*Vertigo- U2- fun to listen to. My favorite part's when he's like "All of this- all of this can be yours. All of this- all of this can be yours. ALL OF THIS- all of this can be yours. Just gimme what I want, and no one gets hurt" Ha. It's funny. And I enjoy breaks in the song like that.
*Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses- U2- Lyrics are worth mentioning. Or the ideas that went into them are.
*Yellow- Coldplay- This is another extremely awesome love song. Awwww.

Two Stars (Where the playlist starts)
**Acrobat- U2- i really like how the song changes but not too much. Also, "Don't let the bastards drag you down" Yeah.
**Beautiful Day- U2 Pretty song.
**I Want To Hold Your Hand- TV Carpio- It's the Beatles's song, BUT sung by a girl and like HALF the tempo. I REALLY like this version. From the movie Across the Universe, which you should see. A story based on a string of Beatles's songs.
**Karma Police- Radiohead- I dunno, cool song. Cool is just the right word.
**London Calling- The Clash- I like the tempo and the beat- it's very catchy.
**Miracle Drug- U2- Good lyrics- especially the first few lines "I wanna trip inside your head, spend the day there. To hear the things you haven't said, see what you might see. I wanna hear you when you call, do you feel anything at all? I wanna see your thoughts take shape and walk right out." I like the ranges of speed and etc.
**Robots- Flight of the Concords- Haha. Just watch it.
**Seen and Not Seen- Talking Heads- Just listen to the lyrics. Read them. It's fantastic.
**Van Diemans Land- U2- Sung by the guitarist, not the lead singer.
**When I Grow Up- Mayday Parade- A punk band singing a POP pussycat doll's song. So much better than the original. Best line "WHAT'S UP, SEXY" in like the first second of it. Listen carefully.
**Young Forever (Ft. Mr. Hudson)- Jay-Z- Remake of Forever Young. I like it. Jay-Z is very cool.
**2+2+5- Radiohead- I found this from Mr. McGrath last year. Confusing lyrics but really cool to listen to.
**I Write Sins Not Tragedies- Panic! At the Disco- I heard this for the first time like 3 years ago in Elora's car, and just rediscovered it. I like the tune, debating buying.

Three Stars (some of my absolute favorites)
***All I Want Is You- U2- My favorite love song, probably. It's really sweet and good.
***Another Brick in the Wall (Part Two)- Pink Floyd- Great lyrics. I don't know if the wall is keeping something our or keeping yourself in. I plan on listening to the entire album(s) until I get it.
***Attention- The Academy Is...- Funny, this was the story of my life at some point last year. Not the lack of attention, but the other parts. Anyway. I really really like the beat/tune and the line "it's not like it hurts much anyway."
***Ballad of a Thin Man- Bob Dylan- The lyrics. Do you get them? No one else does either. Or, at least, they're different for everyone. I can't find this on youtube. I dunno.
***Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd- I really like this song. Repetitive in a good way, and very interesting. It gets stuck in my head really easily.
***Footprints on the Moon (Live Sunday)- Viktor Lillard [Jakob Markwardt, Edan Bar]- This isn't on the playlist because it was what they played at the talent show- did you come to that? I got it when I recorded the show. I really like the lyrics. A lot. It's a BIT long. I'll send it to you, but I don't know how.... um...
***I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight- U2- This was my favorite song until it wasn't any more. Now I don't have one. So this was my most recent. Great lyrics, great tune. For some reason, I've always wanted to make a Stargirl-Themed music video for that. Have you read that book? But this is already a really awesome video.
***The Lining Is Silver- Relient K- Nice moral to this song, but I like it mostly for the tune. It's slow, but has a beat still.
***Mr. Jones- Counting Crow- Really awesome tune, interesting lyrics, fun to sing along to. "MRRRRR JONES AND ME, TELL EACH OTHER fairy tales, yeah we STARE at the beautiful women- she's looking at you- I DON'T THINK SO- she's looking at ME."
***Numb/Encore- Jay-Z and Linkin Park- a combo of Numb and Jay-Z. Like Forever Young, in that it was a song before Jay-Z came.
***Jesus of Suburbia- Greenday- Like Jakob Markwardt told me, the best part of this song is that it goes on for (way) longer than most current songs, and that it KEEPS YOUR ATTENTION for the entire time. My favorite part is the slower part that's a bit less... heavy. It's a great song. Don't watch the official video. Thanks.

1 comment: