Thursday, September 2, 2010

Plan of attack:

Hello, this is Olivia Salomon. May I speak to ______ please. Thank you... Hello? This is ______ right? Hey, I'm Olivia, your WEB leader? I'm calling to say 'hi' and to make sure you know that the first day of school, September 7th, is gonna be your orientation where you'll hang out with me, my co-WEB leader, Malama, and the rest of your group to learn a bit about Dewitt and to feel more comfortable. You should probably wear comfortable clothing as well, cos we'll be doing some activities together. You you have any questions?... Okay, great, I'll see you on the first day of school!

However I haven't had the chance to use my plan because none of the people on my list were home and I haven't written my answering machine plan of attack. Ad the person I haven't called yet, Nimesh, I haven't risked their being home because I haven't written my "I dint know how to pronounce your name yet" plan of attack.

Maybe: "hello, this is Olivia, your Childs WEB leader?"
Ehh noooo

"hello, this is Olivia Salomon. Can I speak to your incoming sixth grader please?... Hello, is this Neemesh? Is that how you pronounce it? I'm sorry, okay. Well, I'm Olivia and I'm your...."

That works?
While I'm at it, I'll write my Answering Machine plan of attack.

Hello this is Olivia Salomon calling for _______. I'm his/her web leader. I just wanted to call and make sure that you know the first day of School, September 7th, is your orientation where you'll meet with the rest if your web group. You should wear comfortable clothes and if you have any quetions, call me here at _________. thanks and I'll see you on September 7th!!!!!



YAYYYYYYY I just called and she actually PICKED UP IT WASN'T AN ANSWERING MACHINE! I'm so proud of myself I did it! She was happy! Yayyyyyyy! This is making me so happy because I hate calling people. I still failed at leaving messages and I hung up after the beep on Nimesh's because it was in Spanish and didn't know what he was saying but other than that the one call I made was good!



Good luck fellow WEB leaders! God you'll need it I hate answering machines. I read somewhere i think it was Scott westerfeld that they are like laying out all of your awkwardness and anxiety to be listened to and examined.

4 comments:

  1. i would go with pronouncing it nimeeshah. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, I'm so awkward with phone calls... Plus my voice sounds all weird when recorded electronically. Even though that NSF video wasn't that bad....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you do that, ally. I kinda prounounced it neigh-mash. i dunno....

    ReplyDelete