Friday, September 10, 2010

Music Rant

Out of about 500 songs on my entire iPod, only 51 are sung by girls. Weird, right? And even then, only like 17 of those count, because 14 are from the soundtrack Across the Universe, 12 from a cd that like self loaded onto my iPod (I wish it would do that with the music I kept forgetting to put on and not the crappy stuff), and 8 were recorded from the schools variety show, yes, i recorded some of if you didn't know that already. Isn't it weird how there's no girls? I thought it was weird, though I dunno. I just don't like listening to girls sing as much. I don't know why. Anyone have a band that has a girl lead singer that plays music that is U2, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, REM, Talking Heads, The Clash and Greenday-esqe? I didn't think so. (by the way, not all the way The Clash and Talking Heads, only some. I haven't had time yet. I really like the faces talking heads one about changing your face. I think Seen But Not Seen). I don't know any girl bands with lyrics half as good, sorry. Just soooo good.

Yeah anyway, what kind of music do y'all like? And what do you like it for? For instance, this is my theory. In livvy-logic form. Don't you just love livvy-logic?

The lyrics matter to me the most. If it's a good tune but bad bad lyrics I might like it a bit but not really. If it's a bad tune but fantastic lyrics it's bound to become my favorite song because I'm like that. The thing that matters the lease but I still pay attention to is the voice of the person, or what they sound like and how they sing/say something. Sometimes, like with the song Mr. Jones, it's all and thats perfection.

So yeah. Mussiccccc raaannnnt. Could someone. Tell me how I love something Christian rock (U2) and an almost anti-Christain punk(?) rock (Greenday) AND adding in something like Talking Heads which is I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT. alternative doesn't cut it. It's like poetry but with a tune. Eehhhh that sounds stupid.

Well anyway, what is your music taste? Do you like bands that don't really go together? What is your music theory? Do you have a singer gender preference? Who do you listen to the most? Who do you hate but end up listening to anyway? Do you have a favorite song? Will anyone answer these questions?

Yepppppppp goodbye.


we dont need no education we dont need no thoughts controlled no dark sarcasm in the classroom teachers leave them kids alone. hey! teachers! leave them kids alone!

2 comments:

  1. WARNING this could be really long.....

    The songs on my ipod are completely random. Like i have rock, alternative,alternative and punk, dance (which is a song my brother wrote and i put on my ipod :p ), and all these other artists who are categorized into genres that i completely disagree with. ex: jack johnson is supposedly pop. but the first genre i go to in itunes is alternative. and then rock. my music theory is the tune has to be good, not too many synthesizers, but mostly any instrument is good if i like the tune. i also like songs with lyrics that don't really make sense. cause it gives you something to think about while you're listening to the song. there is nothing i don't like that i listen to anyway since i only have 8 GB on my ipod :) and i have too many favorite songs to keep track of. which i think is a good thing because then when you get tired of one of your favorite songs, you just listen to another one till you get tired of that and since i'm always finding new favorite songs, it's like a never ending list of favorite songs to get tired of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like guy singers the best too. All of my favorite songs are sung by guys. Weird. And all of my favorite songs are also depressing...kind of. I like songs because of the lyrics. And the tune but mostly the lyrics. And if it has good lyrics and a good tune it is a good song =) this is anna logic

    ReplyDelete