Saturday, June 19, 2010

Just A Bunch of Shirtless Boyscouts

I got to the community center at 3. Yeah, that's right, 3. 2 hours before the thing even started. The only people there were the boyscouts and some girlscouts, who were camping there, and my dads friends, who had already started the chickens and were standing in the smoke drinking beer- which was what their MORNING consisted of.

The fire truck was there and it was spraying kids with water, which was pretty cool, but as prissy as it may sound, I didnt want to get wet. I also didn't want to go too near the chicken BBQ pit thing, because of the smoke. This was for an even more prisssy reason- I had just taken a shower and didn't want to make my hair smell like campfire.

Soon after, at around 3:10, the boyscouts started to set up the tents and Emma and I made lemonade and ice tea. The ice was by the pit in a cooler that was once full of beer- but between the 8 of them it was almost empty, save for a bottle of wine from austria from my dad's visiting friends, Tulai and Dukes. They were out looking for apartments downtown, but I think were planning on coming later when they finished looking at the 9 apartments on their list.
It started raining at 3:46, a light drizzle that I hardly felt because I was sitting in the car. I got out once I realized it was raining and went to ask if my mom cared that the car windows were open for the rain. She did, and went to close them. It stopped raining 15 minutes later, and I went to get another card table for the iced tea, because one table couldn't carry 15 gallons of liquid. I moved the lemonade up to the table and it spilled all over me. My shirt was wet and sticky. I decided to walk home and change, and to come back at 5 when dinner started.


I took some pics, I'll edit them on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment