Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Combination


I just frosted cupcakes! I was taking pictures of them with my dad's iPhone (aka my camera) and I said "Look, aren't they gorgeous! I frosted them!" and he laughed. The word frosted, he said, wasn't normally used as a verb in the past tense. You can say "i am frosting cupcakes" or even "the cupcakes are frosted" but somehow "I frosted them" sounds weird, even though it is right. huh.

Aren't they pretty!!!




These two are my favorites.


and these two are epic fails. see the cake coming through the frosting? ick.


PART TWO:
frosting cupcakes are just another thing on that list of things that children cant do nearly as good as their mothers.

so far the list is very short but it's SO true.

1. Painting nails. How come your Mom can always paint your nails PERFECTLY but when you do it it doesn't look elegant AT ALL.
2. Same with frosting cupcakes. Mom's are SO GOOD AT IT. It's like they have this skill with the swirling of the knife!
3. And of course, wrapping presents. I mean, I'm pretty decent at it but still, her's are always PERFECT and she knows exactly where to cut the paper and everything.
4. there is more but i can't think of them at the moment.

This is an extremely complimentary post, Mommy. I hope it makes up for the hate that we will be forced to have for each other at some point. :)



NOTICE HOW I combined these two things, the list and the pictures? That's because I'm stalling for time to work on my 100th Post Celebration Post post. IT'S GONNA BE LIKE SOOO EXTREEMMMEEEEEE. I'm working on it like all the time. And I have like 9 more until it's time!!!!

3 comments:

  1. 5. Measuring ingredients without the necessary tools (i.e. by sight) and still making it taste AMAZING
    6. Putting your hair up (seriously, if I try to do it by myself it looks like a gazelle ran through it)
    7. Being able to predict the weather (they tell you not to go out in flip-flops but you do anyway and your feet are cold for the entire day)
    8. Putting labels on your school supplies perfectly on the first try
    9. Talking to you about awkward things (e.g. "Sophie, one of my friends asked me what I would think if you had a boyfriend who wasn't Chinese." For the record, she doesn't care.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD SOPHIE YOU ARE A GENIUS. I knew that already. But how do you think of these things. Ugh i never have any info ready on demand. i agree with all except 7 and 9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IKR!! especially the wrapping presents thing. hers are always tight and perfect and mine have little rips and stuff!

    ReplyDelete