Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Center Of The Universe (Yep, that would be ME)

I told you I would show you some awesome quotes from that book. They are really cool.

I Don't Care

I cultivate the I-don't-care look
to the point where you
must look at me and think
I really don't care

But I do care

I want you to think I don't care.
But if I really didn't care,
then I would never even look in the mirror to check
to be sure that it looks
like I don't care

So if you look at me and think I don't care
you might be wrong.
on the other hand, if I look like I care,
you might be right.
Or I might just have something in my contact lens.


Haha, isn't that funny! And so true, also. I love that last line "Or I might just have something n my contact lens." Contact lens? really? Why not just "eye?" That's what makes it so much better and real. Which it was. Did I mention this book was like a collection of things she wrote in her diary in her high school years?


A single page was taken up with this:



I LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY WHEN MY DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR ARE REALIZED.





I'M SURE WE ALL DO.





TEEHEE.

Also, another page:

I can't fix the world I can only sit back and criticize it.


And a segment of another poem:

I hear what you're saying.
I understand what you're trying to teach me.
I recognize the wisdom of your advice.
And I dismiss it.



I absolutely love that. Because it makes sooo much sense. Sometimes you totally understand where someone is coming from, but it doesn't change your view at all. Or you don't really learn any thing at all.





Well anyway, I hope you enjoyed my little preview of this book. Go to the library and take it out. It seems kinda weird, but its this awesome collection of diary entries and it's all stringed together with poems and whatever. It's really cool. Weird, but cool.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the first part. It's so true...for me at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... the whole book was kinda like that, so real and relatable. I think it helped that it was a total true story without a defined plot and everything. And all those random poems and quotes and charts of what her parents did wrong this time.... it was very entertaining. And not cliche at all. Funny, cause those two usually go together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished it todayyyyy~.... and found it kind of... um, well... I couldn't really "relate" to the topic. It's not a very Sophie thing to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie your comment isn't coming up, but yeah I know, it's not really a Livvy thing to think about either, but I meant like the way it was written and the expressions and the anger and jealously was all very real and relatable. And especially the feelings about like, parents.

    - I said like unnecessarily 2 times in this. Weird, right?

    ReplyDelete