Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Those Pictures


This is me. Ish. Kinda. I used fancy pencils, like 6b and H and whatever. I cant get the mouth right, it's more real than any other mouth I've drawn, but I'm not depressed. I cant make a smiling mouth! (well i wasnt smiling, but i wasnt scared/sad! The line is supposed to be straight! So why does it look all weird?!)
I decided to try out my dad's old charcol colored pencils. They are really cool and german. The instructions on the back are in german. It's pretty awesome. I couldn't understand ANY of it. Anyway, I love drawing pictures like this, all colorful but keeping it "realistic" well not realistic, but using realistic ideas that i learned in the above drawing. Not really realistic at ALL.



All this drove me to take a picture of my closet, which has a bunch of my drawings on it.



This is one of the best scenes in The Book Thief, when Leisel is reading to the bomb shelter people. I did it in oil pastel. I love this picture...








And I took a whole lot more pictures, but the one I'm leaving you on is possibly the most messy part of my room. MY DRESSER TOP.




Yeah, those are my Carnation Congratulations from about a zillion years ago. (haha, look at the top one. ha.) No, I haven't a)thrown them out or b) put them away. And yeah, all that other stuff i havent touched in a few months. Cough cough. Is anyone else this messy? please, let there be someone....

4 comments:

  1. Those are soooo good! With the shading and proportion and everything... I'm so jealous. Wish I possessed talents like that. Of course not as many people appreciate the power of words. Which is one of the reason why I love The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Do you know what part I'm talking about in the oil one? Do you see Rosa in the back (wearing blue) comforting her neighbor? Whaver that persons name is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dresser is very messy....until my mom makes me clean it up. it also gets dusty easily which is really annoying when everything is on top of the dust and i have to move it all to dust it off

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha yea, I have to clean my room every other week, but I usually just... ignore my dressers.

    ReplyDelete